Thread: absolutely terrified, enlarged inguinal lymph node on right side

absolutely terrified, enlarged inguinal lymph node on right side

i beat health anxiety around 2 years ago, and now its came back through the roof to the point i cant even leave my room, im in genuine fear for my life, i dont want to kill myself but atleast death would mean an end to the worrying, it is very very terrifying, in january i noticed my right inguinal lymph node was enlarged, around 2 cm in length, i went to the docs a few weeks ago (it has stayed the same size ever since discovering it), its moveable, he told me unless it gets bigger not to worry, but ive been reading online and people are saying even if its moveable it could still be something sinister, i am just so petrified, what should i do? im losing my mind, ive also been reading that doctors have mis diagnosed alot of people with this exact issue, :9

Re: absolutely terrified, enlarged inguinal lymph node on right side

Quote Originally Posted by nayngnottz94 View Post
    i went to the docs a few weeks ago (it has stayed the same size ever since discovering it), its moveable, he told me unless it gets bigger not to worry
    There are 400-600 nodes in our bodies from less than a mm to 2cm and all considered normal. Listen to your doctor, keep your hands off of it and do your best not to worry. Contemplating suicide over this is extremely irrational. Surely you have to realize that?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: absolutely terrified, enlarged inguinal lymph node on right side

I'm terrified about nodes too, until I read that post above by FMP and done some further research of my own and discovered lymph nodes can be easily found on your neck and groin area (I can find about 20 of the little angels, but my blood work is fine).

You said:

ive been reading online and people are saying even if its moveable it could still be something sinister
    This is the problem, you've been googling!

Thread Information