Thread: hoping to talk and understand

hoping to talk and understand

Hi, came across this website late last night after feeling overwhelmed with anger and uneasiness. I am hoping to understand a bit more about this and how all these symptoms are linked, as for years I've felt like I have had problems like anger issues, finding it difficult to relax, pumped up, periods of depression, self harm (years ago), a recent phobia of dogs (which seems crazy as I was bought up in farms and the country side along with dogs), headaches, strange breathing and a continuous battle to improve myself constantly, as if I'm never content! These are just the free symptoms I can think of right now but they're are more little things. I have never done anything like this before so unsure how it all works, however I think I'm just looking to just let off some steam and try to keep myself a little calmer, I don't know really. I would really appreciate some one who can't judge or ask questions I've no answers for, to just chat about it all so maybe I can get to grips with it all and perhaps any good tips or steps I can take. Thanks

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya c.t and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: hoping to talk and understand

Hi venusbluejeans, thanks ever so much for your reply! Yes I looked over quite a few of the articles last night and wow! This whole time, I've visited doctors etc and why are they not providing this sort of info, I think I would have been well on my way to understanding more by now. The thought of all these symptoms being linked to this "anxiety" makes sense, and what a relief to know actually I havnt got millions of little mental issues but just one that can be self helped! I think I've a lot to say and I don't talk at home, I suppose I see it as a weakness.. Not in others but in my self as if I'm just hard done by. I'm feeling very blaah so it what I'm saying doesn't make sense them I'm ever so sorry just feeling very eager!

If you don't mind me asking, house are you, and how do you feel about this sort of stuff and dies anything I'm saying relate to you? Perhaps we can talk about it?

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

When I talk about the doctors what I mean is they're so quick to label you and stick you in the box of "anxiety" yet fail to even really explain what anxiety is out how it works and what it means

Hey c.t, you're not alone, I have a fair few of the same, I find when im on a low and anxious I have really bad anger issues.

Anxiety can be very difficult for drs to explain mainly cause they see it so often now and thinks its so well known, but when youve never associated yourself with that it can be so overwhelming.

Im pretty new here myself, but feel free to message anytime. Im not saying I can help, but I can listen and respond as and when needed.

Tc xx

Hi devils angle, thanks for the reply!
    You've hit the nail on the head there! That is the same with me when I'm at my worst I'm angry and it affects everything, my family life and driving seem to get hit the most by my phases.. When I'm feeling like that its like all torrelance for every person had gone out the window..
    I went through a little episode this morning, instead of being jelly and enjoying a lovely mothers day I was just angry and fuming with nothing.. But why! I'm feeling alot better now as I had to take myself off to bed to try and chill out, after an hour or so feel much better, breathing seems more normal and just feel more at ease!
    I hate the thought of upsetting my son and falling out with my partner! Do you get this devilsangle? Have you got any tips or steps to try stop this??
    And thanks, I think I will take you up on that

Last week I swear it was like red mist had descended, anything anyone said or done annoyed the hell out of me, not just a lil grumpy and irritated, like full on rage it was pretty bad.

I find it helps to get out, for a walk, or distract myself, only issue is, as much as i know it helps, when im low I dont want to get out and do anything its such a catch 22. If you can id suggest that, just get away from everything and everyone to clear your mind. otherwise dont worry it will run its course and fade out, its like your brain gets exhausted and needs a sleep.

I snap at my son more than id like to admit when im like that, my partner too, they get it the worst as theyre closet to me, but literally everyone who speaks to me gets it.

I dont think this was helpful but at least you know its a normal thing in some people with anxiety.

Aww take me up on it anytime. Im always around. If needs be pm me your number and we can whatsapp, if thats not something youre comfotrable with just message me here or e mail me.

Sometimes it can help to speak to a complete stranger with similar issues as there can be no judgement.

Thread Information