Thread: This may reassure someone: my perceived Cit side effects

This may reassure someone: my perceived Cit side effects

Morning

I would like to detail what I believe are my personal side effects from coming back on Citalopram; it may reassure someone who is experiencing the same:

Dosage: 20mg
    When taken: mid-morning/early afternoon
    Day: 7 since restarting

Since coming back on to Cit I have experienced the following - in no particular order:

LOSS OF APPETITE
    I have found it very difficult to eat anything major. I can manage a bowl of breakfast and perhaps a few biscuits throughout the day, but cant stomach eating a main meal. This occurred pretty much a few hours after takng Cit on Day One...and is still affecting me on Day Seven.

WAKING WITH THE JITTERS/NERVOUSNESS
    On about Day Three I began waking up with the jitters, and feeling very nervous/anxious. I still do on Day Seven.

LIGHTHEADEDNESS (is that a word?) / DIZZINESS
    Began to feel more lightheaded after restarting Cit. Perhaps by Day Two it was really noticeable. Still get this now, especially when walking.

FEELING DISTANT
    By about Day Three I began to feel like I was standing behind myself, if that makes sense, like I was slightly outside of 'me'. Still get this on Day Seven.

TRANCING (not the dance music stuff)
    By trancing I mean staring off in to the distance...this could be an extension of the same csused by my anxiety...but thought I would mention it.

INCREASED EMOTIONS
    This started happening after about Day One. I felt that I just wanted ro burst in to tears all the time. Still do on Day Seven.

BRAIN ZAPS / JOLTS
    On the evening of Day One when I was nodding off, i started to get the familiar body jolts (brain zaps), which violently jolt you awake. Very strange sensations, but nothing to be concerned about. Still get these occasionally on Day Seven.

HEART RACING
    Started getting this on about Day 5...on occasion my heart feels like it is going to burst out my chest...like a massive shot of adrenaline.

INCREASED ANXIETY
    Yeah, this is a bit of a shi**er; take Citalopram to help with your anxiety, and the first thing it does is to send your existing anxieties through the roof. Had this from about Day 3...Still have this now.

EYE STRAIN
    Not sure if this is standard anxiety, but it feels like my eyes are having to concentrate on what they are looking at.

MINI PANIC ATTACKS
    Had one of these yesterday. Not nice but not harmful, and could be due to increased anxiety from the meds. I stood up a bit too quickly, went slightly more Light headed, and then lost control for a few mins.

That's it so far...If I experience other stuff I'll update.
    In the meantime please feel free to post replies or comments.

Cheers
    Ghosty

Re: This may reassure someone: my perceived Cit side effects

Hey Ghosty. Im actually coming off Ciprager rather than going on it like you but wanted to say good on you for posting this detailed and helpful post

Re: This may reassure someone: my perceived Cit side effects

Hey HAS...

Many thanks for the encouragement!
    Glad to hear you're coming off Cit...and I hope it's due to your recovery!

All the best
    Ghosty

Thread Information