Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endometrium lining question , fearing cancer

Endometrium lining question , fearing cancer

I posted recently about having pain and pressure in my pelvic region was worried it was my bladder. Had a sonogram in the ER and they said I had a 16mm thickening of my uterus . Which is above normal. Of course I looked it up and it says abnormal thickening can lead to CANCER. Beyond nervous !!!!
    Anyone have this issue ????

Re: Endometrium lining question , fearing cancer

There's very little point in worrying yourself over this. I believe they call it a "risk factor" but having one does not mean you're absolutely going to get cancer just like having no risk factors doesn't mean you definitely won't get cancer.

It's probably not what you want to hear right now, but it's a waste of energy worrying about something that you don't even know will happen. It's out of your control and all you can do is live your life rather than spending every day worrying about what you MIGHT get in the future.

If you're truly worried about it, perhaps try to reduce the other risk factors to minimize your chances of it happening (Which are already low, even with a risk factor). Other than that, there really isn't much more you can do than that.

If something is going to happen, then it's going to happen. No amount of worrying or hypervigilance is going to stop that. Don't let it control your life because there's absolutely nothing to say that it'll even happen anyway.

The positive news is that it's not your bladder and the actual thickening of the uterus is benign, take solace in that.

Pregabalin 300mg

Thank you for responding !!! Your so very right ! I think feeling the actual symptoms of the discomfort is just making me anxiety really tailspin into the worst outcome .

Not quite the same thing but similar. Back in December 2014, at my yearly woman check up my gynecologist discovered my uterus was enlarged. She sent for an ultrasound and my uterus measured as if I was 12 weeks pregnant, but I wasn't. My lining was 11 mm which is on the upper end of normal. Ultrasound showed nothing so my Dr wasn't concerned. My uterus remains enlarged but no reason was found. I have a new gynecologist and she said it was probably from me having 2 C-sections.

Thank you for sharing I’m worried cause mine is 16mm and I read it shouldn’t be more then 12 mm

Any other ladies experience this ?

You could have 1000 women answer your question and all of them be fine but the nature of HA will have you think you'd be the exception If you're that concerned see your doctor or a Gyno.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

What did the doctors in the ER recommend? Did they want more tests or a referral?

When the test was done, where were you in your cycle? If you were nearing your period, that can be quite normal.

I followed up with my gyno today. I showed her the test findings from the ER . She said there was nothing to be concerned about !!!! So in my mind I am feeling much better. But I think my nerves have not settled much ,still waiting on on that.
    I still do have some stomach tensio and pressure. Which makes me wonder “ should I now be worried on something else? But I suppose that’s health anxiety at its best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information