Thread: Anyone there who's having a panic attack right now?

Cool Anyone there who's having a panic attack right now?

Wow wouldn't it be great to find someone there right now who is having an attack? describe it to me if you can. We all go through different things so would be good to know to relate to each other and share coping techniques. Describe to me your habits or tics however unusual they might be!! Just posting this and then waiting for one of your replies. Meantime I will post another one to describe mine too. Feel better soon!

Re: Anyone there who's having a panic attack right now?

Me. I am almost crying, which is funny because I can't cry generally.

I feel tense and like I can't get enough air. Body keeps going hot and cold at the same time. Heart is beating weird but I'm trying to ignore it. Can't even say what I'm worried about either.

Hope u feel better Soon.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Re: Anyone there who's having a panic attack right now?

So, here's mine then. Though it hasn't always been like this. Suffered in the past for about two/three years and then in genuinely thought they had gone. Little did I know they never go, it's just something one has to learn to live with. SO they are back now. I started this frequent sniffling in and out very quickly followed by a grunting noise with my throat..... can't really control myself or have power over it. As you probably know rational thinking it's not at its best in this conditions. What can I do then to relieve the pressure of trying to control this feeling? My main worry or actually not worry but concern is that it is disturbing not just for me but for the people around me, I really wonder what they might be thinking. However in my home environment it still feels quite odd and disturbing wondering what my children think of me making these funny noises or what other people might think if this happens when I'm at work or I'm out in some social place. Most of all I think I cannot ever forgive myself for not being able to control this urge of vocalising these funny sounds. What do the people around you think? Are they supportive? Sympathetic? Do they just ignore you as if you are not even doing anything? Patronise you and say things like 'Get a grip on yourself! I know I would if that happened t me! Little do they know!!!!
    I feel it's bad when my wife ignores me, she does not say anything and then she just goes off to bed as if nothing is happening. As you probably know there is nothing worst than being left on your own in the middle of an attack with noone to support you whilst you know that probably for the next few hours you will try to battle this feeling and hope that the symptoms will subside soon. the night can be long and lonely and then the day after everyone just wakes up as if nothing is happened wheres you have not had a rpoper sleep all night or any sleep at all. Pacing up and down, sipping water and trying to control your tics. Try a distraction ..... ok that did not work much, breathing techniques .... sometime it works ..... most of the times don't ..... have another drink, pace up and down again ..... look at the clock, it never moves, have a bit of a rest .... sit down your eyes are heavy but you can't sleep. No sleeping tablets for me my body is too sensitive and would try to sty awake .... can't sleep anyway ... the clock seems like it's still ... noit isn't 5 minutes seem like 5 hours and if you were to count all of the times you made your tics it would already be more than what a normal person would do in a month. OMG what can I do? May be it's my GERD, will try sucking on a digestive tablet .... mmmmhhh ... one minute and it's gone and all is just the same. Still panicking.... no way out, I am looking for support but noone is here, they've gone upstairs to bed and don't want to follow them or might disturb their sleep. This attack is getting unbearable. Should I wake my wife up and tell her? No, she's too patronising and think am just disturbing everyone. What can i do? please someone help! Speak to me on this forum please, I'll be waiting for you, let's have a chat see if we can help each other. What to do when you feel so lonely and although you know your family cares, they deserve their sleep, right? Meantime feel more alone than usual. I know I need to sleep and I can't. Tomorrow I need to drive my family out, what state will i be in? Can't even breathe at the moment .... how i wish i could talk to somebody!!!

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

Hi there sorry about this. I'm here if you want to talk. I just described my feelings in another post, a bit long winded but you get the idea. You are not alone. Do you use any technique for trying to relax yourself> Heard today that one of the things people feel when they panic iis that they are mainly preoccupied just about themselves, it becomes a close circle of just oneself, the symptoms and the worries ...... sometimes people like me/us just need to feel wanted and a hug ..... as i said, I'm here .... you have all of my support, talk to me if it helps.

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

The below was supposed to be a quick reply to EmmerLooeez

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

Anyone here on any meds? I was prescribed some Sertraline 50mg but have not taken them yet. Read the side effects leaflet and it says that the symptoms might get worse at first for a few weeks. Can you imagine that? I f it gets any worse ........... I already feel like I'm crazy! Am i going nuts? Not sure if it should take them or not, anybody had this med before? let me know what it felt taking it please. Feel Better Soon
    Last edited by luigi44; 04-05-18 at 22:06.

Thread Information