Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Nose blowing Habit

Extreme Nose blowing Habit

Hi

My name's Andrew. In the last good few years I've suffered a really costly habit of constantly blowing my nose, and feeling that I just have to the whole time. It springs a lot of nerves and a palpating deep seeded fear in me.

I'm just wondering is there anyone please out there who suffers with the same habit? Maybe we could get through it together??

Many thanks, Andrew

Re: Extreme Nose blowing Habit

Maybe just stop blowing it? Sorry to sound simplistic, but this just seems like a habit thing rather than anything else to me.

Are you doing it to clear your nose? Because your constant blowing is just going to create more snot/phlegm as far as I'm aware.

Just trying to be helpful and not leave you without a reply.

I wish it was that simple.
    I just blow the whole time for any itch whatsoever. And it's like I am blowing as I am speculating its going to run in the future. It's freaking difficult and puts worry all over my face. It's as clear as day, and creates a lot of vulnerability.

I've just forgotten how to do it normally, completely.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

I am compelled to just blow and blow and blow. And I tell my friends to stop me. As I can't control it. I literally tell them 'hold my arm back from doing it'. And my last partner I told this too.

Hi Andrew it's pointing to a compulsive habit to me and is borderline OCD How long has this been going on for? The quicker you deal with it the better. Have a word with your Gp And good luck mate ATB

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    Maybe just stop blowing it? Sorry to sound simplistic, but this just seems like a habit thing rather than anything else to me.

Are you doing it to clear your nose? Because your constant blowing is just going to create more snot/phlegm as far as I'm aware.

Just trying to be helpful and not leave you without a reply.
    How does your ocd manifest itself? I used to constantly swallow, and I'm just wondering by your name if thats what you got?.. then mine progressed to nose blowing..it switches in/out of habits, and intrusive thoughts, all to do with nerves and stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewc1 View Post
    How does your ocd manifest itself? I used to constantly swallow, and I'm just wondering by your name if thats what you got?.. then mine progressed to nose blowing..it switches in/out of habits, and intrusive thoughts, all to do with nerves and stress.
    My username is to do with my (seeming) throat problems, not got any OCD going on there I don't think.

OCD wise, my main one is washing my hands after doing anything mildly dirty. My current health anxiety related OCD is checking my lymph nodes all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    My username is to do with my (seeming) throat problems, not got any OCD going on there I don't think.

OCD wise, my main one is washing my hands after doing anything mildly dirty. My current health anxiety related OCD is checking my lymph nodes all the time.
    have you tried cbt ? like not washing your hands all day.

have you tried cbt ? like not washing your hands all day.
    Not yet, going to look into it though!

great.
    maybe just reserve washing hands for post toilet..?

have u spoken to a professional? always the best way. the experts.
    good luck! I got faith . you could always say that all your washing hands can now pay for a few days completely off! u deserve it )

great.
    maybe just reserve washing hands for post toilet..?

have u spoken to a professional? always the best way. the experts.
    good luck! I got faith . you could always say that all your washing hands can now pay for a few days completely off! u deserve it )
    The hand washing thing is the least of my worries at the moment.

Still not entirely sure what, if anything other than anxiety, is wrong with me tbh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information