Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blip - I hope

Re: Blip - I hope

Thank you so much Laura.

Everything you said is spot on and very similar to what my therapist said today!

This is so hard but I will keep on going and ease up on myself. I’m sure things should improve soon xx

I also want to thank Laura for the reassuring post. I'm still having this blip, or at least I hope it is a blip. It has lasted 4 days, and it's been 8 weeks since I upped seroxat to 30 mg. I was feeling better but now I'm down again. I'm a bit scared and confused.

Aw you guys lol. I had a major blip day yesterday, these days happen and I think when they do we really need to dig deep and forgive ourselves and just be kind to our bodies. Anxiety is shit there are no two ways about it but i believe that better days are ahead, we have to believe that. I have cooked a meal for the family today and felt calm and happy doing it, it’s a small achievement but it’s still a step forward, think about the silliest of things that you did today, there will be a little glimmer of positive somewhere I bet. Xx

Hello my fellow blippers,

How are you doing today? It’s a beautiful sunny day in Perth, Aus and I just love the sunny days it makes it a tad easier to get through.
    So I had an ok day yesterday after waking up in the night in an anxious state. The day started ok and I went to watch my kids do the cross country then a friend invited me to her house for a cuppa. Well that’s when that hot feeling of anxiety flooded my body and I had to make up a crappy excuse and leave 🙄.
    I then freaked out about going to the doctors with my son and had to take a 2mg Valium...

Today I’ve been with my family to a huge shopping centre and done a weekly shop. Hoorah!
    What are you ladies going to achieve this weekend? I need to be mindful not to do too much and then be disappointed...

Hi Lisa. It’s sunny at the moment in Scotland so I have been making the most of it taking the dogs long walks. I have started a 30 day yoga regime that I found on you tube, yesterday was day 2 and I managed most of it but oh my today I’m stiff as a board lol. My daughter has an awards ceremony on Tuesday and she is singing a solo and getting presented with 5 awards which is fantastic but I am already freaking out thinking how on earth will I cope with being in a busy town hall with all the parents who want to talk, I don’t want to wimp out and let anxiety stop me sharing this moment with my daughter, I’m going to have to dig deep and take diazepam or something as I have to be there. You went to a shopping centre, that’s huge, WELL DONE!!!! We need to celebrate those little victories. Xx

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

Why don’t you try the yoga thing. It’s supposed to work wonders for anxiety. I’m the most in bendy person on earth and I’m sure my cobra pose is more like a manatee looking up at the sky but I’m giving it a go anyway lol. X

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

This is my second time taking sertraline. It worked well for me before but this time it’s taking so much longer for side effects to settle, I have been taking sertraline for 6 weeks and only just starting to get a bit of relief from the anxiety and utter panic feelings. I think if you have been through the ssri gauntlet in the past it can take longer to work, I don’t know why that is but it’s certainly that way for me. I get the hot feelings from anxiety too Lisa, in fact that is what probably freaks me out the most, it’s like my skin is burning and it just sends me into a panic it’s horrible. I guess we just need to have faith and trust the process of these meds which is easier said than done sometimes.

Hi Laura

I will be thinking of you on Tuesday. I find my children mostly ground me so I’m sure you will be just fine. If you need a diazepam just take it, that’s what they are there for.
    I must start yoga again. I used to do it every week but that’s slacked off although I did get to a class last week. I did start doing yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She’s really good. I’ll try And start it up again.

I took Lexapro 3 yrs ago and that also took ages but eventually worked. Now I’ve been on sertraline coming on for 11 weeks but only 5 weeks at the 100mg. Hence my sheer frustration of the time it’s taking.
    It’s my birthday today and just been to the beach with my family. I couldn’t face a party or meal out which sucks as I would usually be up for a nice party and wine. Boo.

Keep on hanging in there... good times will happen for us again...

Lisa

Hi Piano and Laura,

Just checking in to see how you are going? I hope the blip has lessened for you. I had a great weekend of wins - still the anxiety but less and I overcame it. It is school hols for 2 weeks now so trying to stay busy with the children.

Let me know how you 2 are going.

Lisa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information