Thread: Underarm pain, scaring me to pieces.

Underarm pain, scaring me to pieces.

Hi all, been a while since I posted (for some reason my HA seems to plague me less when I find I am out doing things more often and being more active, I guess when I run it makes *everything* hurt so I am less prone to noticing little aches and pains ) but this has got me all worked up to no end.

Anyway, I have had this pain under my arm for the last 3 weeks to a month or so. It's a weird sort of pain, so forgive my all-over-the-place-ness while I try to explain it well. Half the time I have it, it feels like it's on the skin.. almost like a burning, like I've cut myself and something got into the cut. The other half the time I have it, it feels like it's entirely internal, and when I press on it, it hurts. I have one small skin tag under that arm, I don't know if that could be in any way related but I figured I'd add it in just in case... it has never hurt or caused me any irritation or problems and as far as I know it hasn't changed any since I've had it. I swear I can feel a lump, although I'm not sure if it's actually there or I'm just convinced now that it is, but I'm PRETTY sure that it actually is. Some days it doesn't really bother me at all, but some days it hurts a lot more. When I first got it, I was due for my period that same week, so I wrote it off to potentially just being hormonal. Now, again, when I am panicking about it oddly enough, I am due for my period this week, which is probably why I am stressing about it again. Does anyone know what it could be? I have noticed that sometimes when I shave my underarms it feels a little tender, again, almost like it's on the skin. When I put deodorant on (I use that Secret Clinical antiperspirant stuff, if it matters) and I push down on it with that, it gets tender, again, like it's internal. It's really scaring me, any personal experience or insight or even reassurance would help at this point. Thanks all.

Re: Underarm pain, scaring me to pieces.

after a pregnancy i developed a fatty tissue lump under my arm, so its definately a female anatomy thing. they did an ultrasound on it and said its just a fat mass, it went away after my hormones from the preg., so if your time of the month is on its way, it might come and go with that.

Exclamation Re: Underarm pain, scaring me to pieces.

Oh my this is just what I have :-( so scared- what was it? Drs on Monday. New deidrant could be it... Or bra... But HA is lurking in my mind. :-(

oh i get that all the time. so do all my female friends. we are all on the pill so we reckon its definatly hormonal. mine seems to come on as im nearing the end of a pack.Dont worry about it.its very common

Also-pushing and prodding it all the time...of course its going to hurt if you keep doing that!

I'm having this problem too! It's mainly in my left armpit but also a bit in my right. Mine just started on Thursday. Going to see a doctor about it on Monday too. Let me know what your doctor says!

I have had exactly the same thing since October, sometimes feels like its on the surface (which the doc gave me cream for as he said my armpits looked slightly red), but other times it feels like it's inside. It was mainly under my right arm for months, then it decided to move to my left arm.. which made my mind up that it was Anxiety and nothing too serious!
    I've noticed that I get it less if I'm exercising (cycling being my exercise of choice).. it's does seem to work, as all my aches and pains can now be attributed to exercise!

Thread Information