Thread: Itchy back/back ache

Itchy back/back ache

I have had an itchy lower back, right in the middle on the spine for a few weeks now, it's driving me potty. I've tried creams but it doesn't really help.

I've had a back problem for a few years and am now wondering if they are connected. Has anyone had any experience of this. There is no obvious sign of a rash although I can feel a couple of spots. I've been having deep muscle massage therapy and wonder if maybe it's aggravating the skin but I thought there would be something visible to see but my other half says there's nothing there. Also I've had digestive problems for the last 12 months or so just thought I'd mention that as I'm getting worried about all these symptoms and wonder if there's a connection.
    Thanks
    D

Re: Itchy back/back ache

Hi

I get itchy skin all over the place. I've got a tiny little spot that you can hardly see on my leg and it itches like crazy from time to time. I find that the more I scratch it the worse it gets but it doesnt sound like anything to worry about.

Hi delta, it could be because 'the nerves' are being stimulated via the massage treatment. Can you ring them to ask if it's the possible reason?
    I also have a bad back and have recently taken up simple stretching exercises and have noticed that I have an itchy feeling at either side of the lower back. x

Thanks, I am due to go back for another appointment next week so will mention it then. I also get a tingly/itchy feeling when doing stretching exercises too, I get stiff very easily so have to do my exercises twice a day.
    thanks again

Hi, I'm the same re exercising (stretches) twice a day...although I'll admit I often just do it once. I wonder if when you are doing the stretches you are breathing correctly. As I know if I don't I feel a sort of tingling. x

Hi gaaron, I'm probably not breathing properly, I have chronic hyperventilation syndrome, so yes this probably isn't helping.
    D x

Hi Delta, Flipping heck I am getting the same thing! itching lower back right in the centre. I tried camomile lotion .It helps. The itching comes and goes.I am having treatment from osteopath once a month because I have wear and tear of spine and muscle pain in the same area. Don't know if any of it causes the itching.

Thread Information