Thread: Fear of being sick on a bus?

Fear of being sick on a bus?

Hello,
    So I have had a fear of throwing up for a long time now. Particularly being sick on public transport such as the bus. I get the bus frequently to get to college and it takes an hour and a half to get there and I keep on getting worried that I might throw up or be ill on the bus during this time.

My fear is that I will do it, and everyone will look at me in disgust and make fun of me, or that I would get thrown off the bus by the driver. This has never happened of course but I get myself in a state sometimes when I get the bus I think 'am I going to be sick?' and of course I don't, but this mindset lasts the whole journey and I get myself worked up.

Does anyone else have a similar fear to this? I'm also scared of being sick at people that I know houses or in the classroom.

Re: Fear of being sick on a bus?

Hello
    Nobody enjoys being sick.
    Do you feel sick when you feel the fear? Or it is just a fear?

I suppose its normal to feel scared of being sick especially in a confined space.

I was sick in my schools office.
    I began feeling sick and rushed to the nurse, who is just through the office. I wanted to be sick in a small room with minimal people. Preferably just me, but if she had to be there, then fine ..

I got to the office and was sick on their brand new carpet, not to mention the fact the usually empty office was FULL.
    People were repulsed, obviously. But so was I. But nobody yelled or blamed me.

I thought they'd be so mad as it was a new carpet, but they got the caretaker and joked about it.

Theres no need to worry about peoples reactions. If they react too negatively, then they're just a *bleep*

I know this feeling. One day I feel it's going to be ok ,the next I feel it is not.
    I know perhaps this sounds bizarre . I have a plastic bag somewhere on me,
    either in my pocket, or bag, and a small bottle of water and a small packet of wipes
    I travel by bus a lot. Although I have not been sick(touch wood)on the bus, it's just a safety net for me.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I guess it is the fear of being sick which makes me feel sick. I keep worrying I will suddenly become ill on the bus without warning, or that I do it when it is busy where someone I don't know sits next to me. Carrying a plastic bag I think could distract the thought, but I hope at some point to get rid of this fear soon.
    Thanks!

Thread Information