Thread: Now I'm worried about ALS...reassurance please!

Now I'm worried about ALS...reassurance please!

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted much here, but pop in from time to time to read posts which I have found has helped enormously with my battle with health anxiety. It all started about five months ago when I had a stiff neck, this went but it sparked numerous health worries for me, from a neck/spinal tumour to bowel cancer, ovarian cancer, MS, brain tumour and now ALS. The symptoms I am experiencing can all be explained by anxiety (random burning sensations, muscle twitching, headaches, tightness in fingers) and I have visited my doctor about these and a varierty of other things over the past few months - they say the same thing, anxiety.
    Trouble is, I have now convinced myself I may have ALS, I can see the same thought processes as before, can feel myself concentrating on muscles and panicing at every slight twitch or feeling of weakness, which of course causes more symptoms! Whats even worse is that I hadn't even heard of this until recently and realise that being a 30 year old female with no signs of muscle weakness the odds of it being this are really low....just wish I could stop worrying though!

Re: Now I'm worried about ALS...reassurance please!

i don't no what you mean by als but i will say you don't need reassurance cos you answered your self in your post. believe in yourself only way to get better x x

Re: Now I'm worried about ALS...reassurance please!

Hi Kayley

I worry about health issue too! and I was aware of similar twitches and sensations last year, my GP said she gets them too. We know that when we look for these things they get bigger in our minds. I still notice the odd twitch especially when I am lying in bed and from talking to friends - they get them too. I hope this helps. x

Thread Information