Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missed heartbeats and terrified!

Missed heartbeats and terrified!

I have had them before went to the ER for them and they didn't even show on my test,but they terrify me so much when they are there I freak and when they are gone I panick about the next time they will happen.My biggest fear about them is that once they start they will never stop or that they will get so intense I'll faint...I am so scared of fainting...
    I need reassurance and tips.
    Pretzel

Re: Missed heartbeats and terrified!

Hello
    I am sorry you are feeling this way and I know how scary this is. I deal with it often. I have had so many EKG'sI can't even count and nothing has every showed up.
    My Dr. is awesome and so kind hearted when it come to me and my PA's. He has reassured me so many times that everything is ok. I have a fear of fainting also and nothing has ever happened.
    Hang in there.
    And feel better
    Just try and relax I know how hard that can be though

Terri,you made me smile thank you.I was glad to know somebody else was afraid of fainting...it's like the worst fear and you have absolutely no control over it.
    xox Pretzel

Quote Originally Posted by Pryscil View Post
    Terri,you made me smile thank you.I was glad to know somebody else was afraid of fainting...it's like the worst fear and you have absolutely no control over it.
    xox Pretzel

Well I am glad I could put a smile on your face

sometimes knowing your NOT alone makes things seem better.
    Hang in there sweetie

I have lots of missed beats (ectopics) and have had ecg's to check them out. As I understand it, if your heart is basically ok (no heart disease) these things are harmless. If you google ectopics it more or less says this (but don't because it will only make you more worked up!), take my word for it. The ecg will pick up any real heart problems - missed beats which come and go are not harmful, although they are very alarming. I have had them for two and a half years since an operation and have really struggled to accept that there is nothing wrong with me and I am not about to drop dead. At times I have been paralysed with anxiety, and it is very unpleasant to feel that pause in your pulse. This site has lots of info about heart sensations and a doctor who answers questions.

http://rlr.qersys.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

Hi! I have had missed heartbeats for the past 6 years...along with palpitations and lots of other harmless heart "things" Don't worry you aren't alone. Most people have these, but don't notice them. Only us super sensative people! Just trust...there's nothing wrong you.

Hi
    If you need reassurance, listen up! I have had them for about 31 years, seriously nearly every day so can't be harmful. I hope this puts your mind at rest. Please try not to worry. Take care.
    Elspeth

Hi i have had them also for 4 years now i do still get scared but i am coping better with then now i used to get them every single day all day i was terrified but now i try to ignore them and i hardly get them at all now i still get my bad days like everyone else but i just keep telling myseld IM OK THEY WILL NOT HARM ME and honestly it works hope you feel better soon love julie xxx

Hi there, I hope you are starting to feel better, I so know how you feel, they are very scary and somedays I think they are all I think about....however I have had them for years and I know they are harmless so we just have to try and be brave........stay strong!!!!!

Shaz x

Hiya,
    I also used to get them all day, every day. They are the worse anx thing i have every had. But they are harmless, promise! I know excatly how you are feeling rirght now!!! Purchase the dr Claire weekes books, and they will eventually disapear! mine did... And i had them for over a year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information