Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart Flutters

Heart Flutters

Hi Just wondering has any one had heart flutters /missed beats for months on end? I have had mine every day for 5 months now had an e c g all ok. Have been waitng amonth for 24 hour tape .still not had an appointment yet! The doctors keep saying stress and anxiety causes them but to be honest i am not at the moment had loads of stress last year but fine now. I keep saying its these horrible palpitations that are stressing me any tips appreciated thanks carol

Carol, I read the description of two drummers being out of sync and it really amused me, and reassured me about my palpitations. They are nothing to worry about even if they are around a lot. Its just a reaction to the adrenaline which we produce when anxious.

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

hi cazza

i have had these for a going on 7 years now i have had all the tests just had a heart scan done on tuesday and all is ok.
    the doc i see sead people can get them even when they are not stressed it is very normal and the only bad thing about them is that some people feel them happen others dont
    i have never had somone tell me they have had the tests and had somthing wrong with there hearts !!
    i am 100%sure if you have seen the doc that you will be just fine
    jodie xx

HI THANKS SO MUCH Its reassuring to know there are others like me
    Jodie thanks it makes me feel better that you have had yours for 7 years and its had no effect on your heart! I hope i will be the same! I think i will feel better when i have had my 24 hour tape done
    take care carol x

I have them about 3 times a day, and most often when I'm drifting off into sleep. It feels really weird so I always sit up and set myself into panic. Palpitations are common and completely harmless though.

I know every one says they are harmless but its so scary when you get them all the time. I feel they have really knocked my confidence. I just think why are they happening! What if something is really wrong!

I get them loads too.

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Hi Carol, yep I get these all the time too, have done for 7 years or so now!

I too have had tests done and all have said nothing to worry about, but you and I know thats it much easier said than done! Out of all the symptoms I have had over the years this has been the most alarming, I get them too when I am not even feeling stressed. I think it is because we are so scared of them thats why we notice them all the time as I don't know about you, but I really notice them more when I am not really doing much as opposed to when I am occupied?

Angie

Hi angie
    Yes i do notice them more when im relaxing. But also can get them any time! Did your doctor give you any advice on how to cope with them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information