Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So fed up with fear of dying

Re: So fed up with fear of dying

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    I don't understand why the doctor would think that. I always know a cold is coming as either my nodes under my chin or on my neck swell and become sore.
    Yeah, and they swell up due to sensing a localised infection. I've seen plenty of people on here talking about other triggers like their teeth/gums or a reoccurring infection so perhaps something like that as sometimes you get a bit of something, it goes and then the full blown comes later.

The GP's should easily understand that, they must see these issues all day, every day.

Hey, LT. Have you ever struggled with anxiety before, or is it just the wedding that seems to have brought this on?

I'm sure your lump is fine. I actually have one behind my ear as well as one under my jaw - both lymph nodes that are just constantly enlarged. They actually started off my health anxiety but once I finally got the courage to ask the doctor about them he confirmed they were nothing. At that point I'd had them for so long anyway (years, even) that if they HAD been something sinister it would have shown up by then.

But, it's very easy to get into these ruts of thinking - I know.

I'd definitely ask your doctor about your anxiety, though. It may be something that was triggered by the upcoming wedding, in which case maybe something as simple as talking to a counselor for a few sessions would be helpful. If it's something that has happened before, maybe another approach can be taken.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I'm glad some of you feel that it may be ok that my lymph nodes swelled up before getting a cold but i'm still very anxious about it. ITs been two weeks since finding the lump... ANd there is no change in it at all. Still not shrinking. Its very small, definitely under 1cm. I'm freaking out that these harder bumpy spot I found at top of neck sorta under jaw near ear but still on neck is so hard. Not even sure that one is a lymph node. I'm going crazy. Really feeling scared of it being lymphoma.

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

I go for an ultrasound of the neck on Monday but that doesn't even put my mind at ease because I know that the only real way to know is a biopsy of the lymph node. Would they even consider that if two doctors feel its nothing serious and its so small??

Hey,
    .Poppy. - I've always been quite an anxious person. I remember having certain health fears when I was younger but not to this extent. So I think the wedding has brought it out a lot more. My mind will be at rest when I get the CT scan done hopefully. I've spoken to my doctor and they prescribed me 20mg of citalopram and gave me a number for some CBT sessions. Health anxiety is so awful it takes over everything I feel for everyone that has it :(

anxious2016 - I wouldn't be so worried about your lymph nodes as you have had a cold usually that's why they come up. I've got a small one under my jaw that came up over a month ago because I had a slight sore throat and it's still there now. I'm worried because mine is rock hard and quite large and of course Google diagnoses that as something sinister. You will have answers from your scan so hopefully that will make you feel better xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information