Thread: Complete meltdown, 100% convinced I'm dying :(

Complete meltdown, 100% convinced I'm dying :(

I've been suffering with light headedness for the past two weeks. I have now developed a blocked ear and an intense feeling of pressue building up inside my head, to the point where my head feels like it is going to explode. I can't describe it easily, but its like my brain is expanding. I have severe feelings of disorientation and an intense feeling that mu head is full of fog. I am completely convinced I have a brain tumour. I have had encircled my whole life and never had anything like this before. My hearing is very dull on one side with the war problem but my whole head is throbbing. It comes in waves, every hour or two .This afternoon I also had I white dot, like the after image from a camera in my vision. All I can think about is not seeing my beautiful children grow up. I am in bits and have nobody to turn to.
    Last edited by cattia; 04-03-16 at 19:05.

Re: Complete meltdown, 100% convinced I'm dying :(

I think you should go to see a Dr. In my opinion this sounds like an inner ear issue or sinuses maybe, your doctor can take a look and know for sure but if it's causing this many problems you need to get it looked at.

Thanks for the reply. I did go to the Dr and she said I have a blocked eustacian tube and post basal drip, but that was before I started getting the intense feeling of pressure and being spaced out. I just can't believe that sinus problems could make me feel this ill. I feel like I'm dying. Honestly, it feels like something wrong in my brain ��

Ear or sinus issues can make you feel that ill.

Blocked ears/eustachian tube can affect your sense of balance, which can create a dizzy and spaced out feeling. Any ear or sinus problem can also create a huge amount of pressure feeling in the head, around/across the face and cheeks, etc.

This isn't a BT. Why would this be totally unrelated to a diagnosed problem? The chances are slim to none. All your symptoms fit what you have.

Not sure what your doctor suggested or prescribed (any nasal sprays?)but steaming can help a lot (a hot bowl of water and a towel over the head...lots of deep inhalation) Have you taken any pain relief? Ibuprofen can reduce inflammation and the pressure feeling.

Hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I did go to the Dr and she said I have a blocked eustacian tube and post basal drip, but that was before I started getting the intense feeling of pressure and being spaced out. I just can't believe that sinus problems could make me feel this ill. I feel like I'm dying. Honestly, it feels like something wrong in my brain ��
    Sinus issues can definitely can make you feel that way. You're not dying

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you all so much. Reading your replies has helped me to calm down. I have had pretty good control of my annxity for some time now, this has knocked me for six. The feeling of disorientation is a massive anxiety trigger for me and aa well as the brain tumour fears, I also have the fear that I will have to live the rest of my life this way. I have steroid Nasal spray and saline rinse. I took Sudafed this morning but I'm not sure it helped much. I feel like I am taking to everyone from behind a thick sheet of glass. I feel very distant, it's frightening ��

No doubt you feel like poo. We wouldn't call it "sick" if we felt great But look at it like that as opposed to being afraid of it. Yeah, it sucks but that's just the way it is. It doesn't mean we're dying or suffering from anything sinister.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi hun, I've a vast experience of ear problems, currently got an ear infection as I type and two lovely swollen nodes in my neck.
    I often described it as being similar to walking on a bouncy castle, my head gets so fuzzy that if two people are talking I can't cope with the conversation. Sinus problems cause the worse pain ever, especially when you move your head.
    Xxx

Thank you both. Did you find anything that helped in your experience?

I’ve been dizzy all the time without any problem like sinus or block inner ears, for 4-5 months already, and it’s a real struggle. I am adapting and I just keep on thinking that this is due to anxiety, I would earn some money first then I’ll spend some for my body issues. Lucky you for being able to afford a trip to a doctor.

Thread Information