Thread: new to trazidone please advise

new to trazodone please advise

my doc has given this to me today 100mg to start he sed he was gonna increase in 1 week i also take promazine sulpride dusolupin nitrazopam propranolol and dizipam yes theres a lot there i have been reading post form meny that are taking trazdone iv notinced some loss appitite wile some gain appitite head aches mood swings and increas in thorts im already on alarf mixture of meds and am very nrevus about starting this i don tno what to ezpect any avdive form any one would be welcome so much

thanks georga xx
    Last edited by hopers; 04-08-10 at 18:26.

Re: new to trazidone please advise

really 20 vewis and not one person can tell me about trazodone whats that about ??

hi im on trazodone 100mg and to be honest i wish i never started taking them as i dont feel they help me at all, when i started to take them i was very dizzy and weak for a few day (even tho the dizziness is still there, think that my anxiety tho) i had headaches, it burned when i went to the toilet and i constantly got a dry mouth. not every ones the same tho this was just me i hope u the best dont be frightened to take them tho if the doc put you on them then im sure he thinks they will help pm if i can help any more, wish you all the best
    zoe x

iv been suffering with headaches and dry mouth somit rotten sice takign these dose it get better ?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Headaches should improve but dry mouth was a problem for me too. But if it helps then it's a small price to pay, eh? Hope it's helping.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi Hopers
    I'm new on Trazodone too (50mg nightly), this is my 2nd week on it and it seems to be helping a bit. How are you getting on with it???

I have had a few headaches with it and a very dry mouth, I suck boiled sweets to counter-act this. I believe the headaches will go after a while? I am also taking Citalopram as that was what I was on before, I think my GP is going to wean me off that and put me totally on Trazodone because I have severe sleep problems as well as severe depression.
    I don't mean to sound flippant (because I am not being that) but I wish I had loss of appetite, since starting the Trazodone I can't stop eating and I'm not small to begin with!!

Have you talked to your GP about your concerns? He/she should be able to put your mind at rest about the symptoms.

Thread Information