Thread: ovaries, cervix,uterus..cancer nightmare!

ovaries, cervix,uterus..cancer nightmare!

Hello,

Im going through a really rough patch atm. I have a history of health anxiety but for months have been doing ok.. till now. I had a couple of water infections so had strong antibiotics that totally messed up my contraceptive pill and my period came early. My doc told me to run 2 packets together due to the antibiotics.

Anyway.. for the past couple of weeks i have what feels like period pain all the time with twitching uterus an back ache and had a couple of days of spotting. I have drove myself mad with worry, i cant sleep or eat and i am having full blown panics at least once a day.

went to see the doctor he felt my stomach and said everything felt fine and that its propbably due to my cycle sorting itself out. He said he would do a blood test (count) to put my mind at rest. HOWEVER it hasnt! how can he tell there is anything wrong by just feeling my stomach? i have had my water tested ect and its ok. but i feel like i need an altrasound or something, anything that will properly ease my mind from this madness.

Im 23 and should be enjoying life instead im constantly scared. can anyone help me to feel better?

thanks

Re: ovaries, cervix,uterus..cancer nightmare!

Hi missworry1 i totally agree with your gp the antibiotics will have messed with your pill and now your hormones are allover the place that is why you have been spotting so dont worry i went through the whole spotting thing last year and it was down to a hormone inbalance and i still have it now occasionally please dont worry spotting and period type pain are very common its all part of being female unfortunetly and dont tell yourself but its never happened before because it can happen to any women at anytime so your fine x

Re: ovaries, cervix,uterus..cancer nightmare!

Hi Missworry,

I suffered from repeat water infections last year- think I had about 8!! In the end, I had to stop the pill because I just didn't have a clue where I was as I was on and off antibiotics all the time. When I stopped, I started getting pelvic pain on and off, which was not related to a period as I hadn't had one yet!! Had swabs for infection and antibiotics just incase- negative, but by the time I got the results I was convinced that I had a pelvic infection that was going to do damage!! I was in a right state and that is how my HA started really.

Anyway, then I had internal examintaion- nothing.
    Was sent to the hospital for an ultrasound- everything absolutely fine!!

I now think it was a simple case of my hormones being totally out of whack and my body having to 'kickstart' to make them for themself!

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about- don't do what I did and tie yourself in knots!!

XXX

Thread Information