Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slightly blurry eye- (focus)

Slightly blurry eye- (focus)

HI

I have slight stigmitism in my right eye and for the last couple of days for about 20-30 minutes at a time at certain points my eye has been a bit blurry and i have had to use my right eye. Im really worried after looking on google. How come Ive never had this. When I look on the computer screen things arent as clear as usual.

Re: Slightly blurry eye- (focus)

have you had your eyes tested? astigmatism generally requires glasses.

Yes, last check up was about three months back. I have had a slight stigmitism for ages but never had this?? Im so worried and hate google. This episode has happend twice in two days now.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Could it be serious? Im so scared.

My right eye has been doing this since I woke up. It's done it before quite often, which is why I went to the opticians a couple of weeks ago. That and the fact that it sometimes has a problem with trasitioning between light and dark, so everything is a but darker in my right than the left for about 10-15 seconds.

I'd never had a problem with my right eye before, only the left. I have something behind it. So whilst I can still can see out of my left eye perfectly fine; if I close my right eye, the thing behind my left (think it's a birthmark) kinda blocks my vision in a way that I cannot read out of it barely at all without putting alot if effort in, and trying to move my head in a way to find a comfortable position (I've never been able to). So I've always been terrified I have some sort of brain tumor that's slowly making me go blind. But the optician said my eyes look perfectly healthy and only needed to up my prescription a little bit.

If you had a brain tumour (which is what I assume you are worried about?) that would affect your eyes, then the optician would have seen signs of it in your eye test, even if it was 3 months ago.

I was more worried about just my sight in general but is it also a sign of brain tumour? Im shaking. I know im probably being silly. I thought yesterday it was just blurry for about half hour because id been on my phone playing a game. It happend again this morning but when I put my glasses on its okay.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

Could it just be eye strain as just felt a bit of pressure in there. And if it was anything serious could they have seen a few months back that something was wrong.

No it's not really a sign, at least not in the way you describe yours. Pretty sure blurry vision when talking about brain tumour happens regularly, and usually you would have double vision as well to a pretty severe extent, and wouldn't just go away when you put your glasses on. Plus blurred vision is not that common of a sign of a brain tumor and is usually down to completely innocent things.

Yes it more than likely is eye strain. You said it isn't constant and goes away when you put your glasses on, which would mean your eyes aren't having to work as much and the muscles can relax when you put your glasses on, therefore would take most of the pressure off your eyes and make them feel more comfortable.

Most serious eye problems manifest over a period of time, and opticians are trained to see any early signs or symptoms of problems starting to form. So I'm pretty sure if you did have anything to really worry about, your optician would have seen it and told you what he/she suspected and then sent you off for further tests.

Thanks I went to the optician who said it would be silly getting another eye test. And ot could be a number of harmless things. But because I had lazy eye operated on when I was younger he said I would probably need reading glasses when I get older. Now I am worried that my eyes are going to get worse.
    Maybe I am concentrating on it too much now. Has anyone else had this before.
    Can anyone reassure me. So worried

I don't want to go to opticians because im scared it will start a obsessive cycle
    Last edited by willous1; 23-05-13 at 13:19.

My sister had a lazy eye when she was younger, she had hers operated on too and was told the same thing. Everyones eyes degrade over time, just an unfortunate part of getting older I guess. I've had to get a new prescription every time I've gone to the opticians since I was 16, but the prescription changes have been very very slight, which is pretty normal I think.

Thanks, do you think I should go to the opticians about this or try to forget about it?

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

This is turning into the worst day ever. I had a squint as a child and I only look at my right eye or my weaker left eye one at a time. Im reading all scary stuff. Surely if I had a tumor or something they would have noticed before?

Honestly, in my opinion I think you and your eyes are fine. But if you are really that worried about it, I'd leave it a week or so and if it persists then either give your GP surgery a ring and see if you can get an appoinment and mention it to and get them, or vist your opticians and just say what's going on and see what they say.

Only for your piece of mind though as I really do not think to have anything to worry about, it is probably just eye strain, it's incredibly common and your eyes strain fairly easily.

Good luck .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information