Thread: face tingling and twitches

face tingling and twitches

Hi all....I was new to the site a few months ago and posted once but have just been reading stories since then. Am struggling a lot at the moment with this symptom. I was lying in bed one night and I went to open my eyes and one opened and the other stayed momentarily shut then opened fine but it freaked me out. Since then (maybe cause I'm aware of it now)...it has happened a few more times. Also I have been noticing little tingles in my cheeks and slight pains throughout my face. I have described all these symptoms to the doctor and he doesn't think there's anything nasty going on...he did a load of blood work which was all normal. I am very panicked about these latest symptoms and think some awful neaurological thing is happeneing or MS or something. Can anybody tell me if they get anything similar??? I know what people mean when they say they just get over one symptom and a new one starts right away. I was just at the doctors last week and now this!!!!! I've had enough and I've been alone in my house for days...and am even struggling to go to work. Please advise

Hiya - I have registered on this site just to reply to you because I know how awful it is when yet another symptom comes along and it all starts up again. So before it does just know that all your symptoms are caused by neck and shoulder tension. I used to (and still do occasionally) get tingling and numbness up the side of my face and lips. Nearly all symptoms are always tension - I was convinced I had MS for months as my left leg was weak, would not function properly and at night when I got up to 'check it was still working' (as you do) it would flick out and twitch around of its own volition so strengthening my conviction that I had MS. Go and get a good massage or see a physio about your neck and try and forget about it - it is just tension. Hope you feel better.

Thread Information