Hi

I was diagnosed with acid reflux and ibs about 2 years ago. I was taking Lansoprazole and Mebeverine at the time. As my anxiety calmed itself i decided i could manage without the Mebeverine. I was taken off the Lansoprazole after a year or so as it was lowering my platelet count.

I have been taking Ranitidine 150g twice a day for possibly 12 months, i found out i was pregnant in June and was taken off these and told to substitute it with gaviscon. I miscarried and have just started taking the Ranitidine again within the last 2 weeks, after approx a week of taking it again i have had alot of spasms in my abdomen area, lots of noise and more worryingly a sudden random stitch like pain in my left rib cage, it moves around, which makes me think (hope) its trapped wind. I cant take a full breath until it passes, then a few moments afterwards i belch a lot, which sometimes hurts.

Is this sudden sharp stitch like pain under my left ribs really possibly trapped wind? can it hurt that much??? wondering if its due to the ranitidine even though i took it for almost a year previously with no problems. I have also taken a buscopan for the abdominal spasms and hoped it would help with the random rib pain. I only took one tablet (even tho it says 2 four times a day) and i felt so paniky and thought my breathing seemed whispy for a short while. Frightened to take another now, could it have been the buscopan?

I need a sympathetic ear!!

Any help would be muchly appreciated right now.