Thread: Ovarian cyst

Ovarian cyst

I was accidentally diagnosed a few months ago with an ovarian cyst, which would explain why my periods have been so painful.

Anyway, I was supposed to have a follow up ultra sound and an appt with a gyno but had to re-schedule due to work. My new appointment isn’t until March.

Has anyone had ovarian cysts? This is my first one, but for a day during my period it hurts so bad I have to stay home from work. Last month it also gave me a fever. It seems to do this for a day, and then goes away. The following day it’s just tender and I feel kinda bloated.

I’ve had numerous tests, including a pap, which came back normal so I’m not too worried about a hidden cancer in there but as a HA sufferer the fear is always gnawing at me.

I feel like this is gonna need to be removed since it’s not going away on its own :(

Re: Ovarian cyst

I think I may have the same thing! I have painful periods and a nagging sharp pain below my belly button, I also get some nausea. I told my doctor and he said he's going to send me for some tests if the pain isn't gone in two days (I doubt it will be). Hopefully I'll be able to have the cyst removed!

As for the anxiety, do try not to worry about it especially now that a doctor has seen it. If there was any doubt, it would be biopsied immediately. Some cysts take months to go away, if your symptoms suddenly get worse then go back to your doctor, they'll probably remove it for you if it''s causing you great discomfort

Quote Originally Posted by ariana95 View Post
    I think I may have the same thing! I have painful periods and a nagging sharp pain below my belly button, I also get some nausea. I told my doctor and he said he's going to send me for some tests if the pain isn't gone in two days (I doubt it will be). Hopefully I'll be able to have the cyst removed!

As for the anxiety, do try not to worry about it especially now that a doctor has seen it. If there was any doubt, it would be biopsied immediately. Some cysts take months to go away, if your symptoms suddenly get worse then go back to your doctor, they'll probably remove it for you if it''s causing you great discomfort
    It’s so miserably painful.
    I googled ovarian cyts (stupid I know lol), but it says that they rarely cause discomfort unless all this awful stuff is happening.

I actually know several people who had ovarian cysts that said they were very painful.
    I can’t believe I have to wait until March :(

It’s been consistently painful for about a year. Just recently I’ve been getting fevers with it - or maybe it was a coincidence and I was also sick that time?

Hopefully I can get it removed. I’m gonna see how it goes this month and maybe go to the ER for a quicker diagnoses.

I’m in abit of a panic about something similar but I’m too scared to go to the Drs. HA is awful it blows everything out of proportion

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde123 View Post
    I’m in abit of a panic about something similar but I’m too scared to go to the Drs. HA is awful it blows everything out of proportion
    I’ve been to the doctor. Got told it was a cyst. Had to cancel my follow up with the gyno and now I can’t get back in until March 20 -_-
    It’s always best to go see a doctor to put your mind at ease.

The last time I was in the ER I talked with this woman in her 80s who said that there’s a lot of things that can go wonky with our bodies and most times it’s not deadly. She said “just look at me.”

It’s so easy to take something and make it something it’s not. Out of all the times I’ve convinced myself that I had an awful disease and was dying none of it was true ...

You have pain too?

Yes in my right side x

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde123 View Post
    Yes in my right side x
    My cyst is on the left I believe, but the pain is in the middle/lower right too. I think it’s hard to pinpoint the pain.

Hi! I was diagnosed with endometriosis last year when I had an US during my check up. They found a large cyst 7.4cm on my right and a 2.4cm on my left. I had both cysts removed earlier this year.

Everything is fine. I'm glad they were removed because I was getting really painful periods.

My periods are fine now and only ache a little. Don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily83 View Post
    Hi! I was diagnosed with endometriosis last year when I had an US during my check up. They found a large cyst 7.4cm on my right and a 2.4cm on my left. I had both cysts removed earlier this year.

Everything is fine. I'm glad they were removed because I was getting really painful periods.

My periods are fine now and only ache a little. Don't worry!
    Thank you for this post. I’ve done some research on ovarian cysts and so many said it didn’t hurt unless it was something else/problematic. That’s why I’ve been so worried about them.

I also had blood work and my kidney enzymes were high as was the protein in my blood. So of course I was like “OMG CANCER!” But I think that is probably caused by a separate gallbladder issue.

But you’ve really put my mind at ease
    Thank you!

Thread Information