Thread: Sex

Sex

So because of my HA fears regarding ovarian cancer I've not had sex in ages. I'm worried that even though I've never had irregular bleeding or bleed after sex I might start now. It's this brown discarded I keep getting very 10 days after my period has started. It has happened regularly like clockwork now for he past 6 months. I'm worried it's ovarian cancer and if I bleed it will send me over the deep end. I've been with my husband since I was 16 and only ever had unprotected sex with him. I'm not on the pill and haven't been for over 22 years I'm 42 now. I can't get it out of my head and it's ruining everything. I haven't been to see my GP partly because so many ladies on here have the same discharge but I'm also scarred they will send me for tests. I'm going out of my head with worry!

Re: Sex

Honestly talking to your GP will probably provide you with a lot of reassurance. I can't predict that they will send you for tests, but every time I think I am going to be sent for tests I am not. If anything you might just get a pap smear or an STD test which are quick and easy.

But it seriously sounds like just residuals from your period. Sometimes blood just gets stuck up there and comes out a few days later. Mine is always like that.

Thanks swgrl

I get brown discharge 7-10 days after my period too every month.

Do you get it every month Leslie?

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde123 View Post
    Do you get it every month Leslie?
    Yes, every month. Some months it lasts longer than others though. I've had it going on for many years and I'm 32 now. Probably since my mid 20s. Figured it had something to do with having kids.

Thanks Leslie it's always comforting to know someone else is the same.

Thread Information