Thread: Issues with my left foot.

Issues with my left foot.

I posted in the HA sub forum a couple of days ago and didn't get much of a response so I thought I'd post here for input. For about 4 months I've been obsessed with how I feel like I'm catching or slightly dragging the toes of my shoe on my left foot while I'm Walking. I'm really trying hard to resist freaking out and saying foot drop and for the most part I am relatively calm about it. At the same time I twitch all over and have done so for 17 months and have seen a neuro in December last year. I'm desperately trying to relax and face the sensation for what it is in a calm and indifferent way so that I can alleviate potential leg tension that might be causing it or maybe stop messing up movement that would otherwise be done on autopilot.

I'm stuck in a real loop with this stuff and I'm trying to tackle the whole thing with CBT and sertraline. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated from anyone whose had similar issues or more in the know than myself.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Re: Issues with my left foot.

I havent had that problem in particular but have had similar things. I know for me the more i think about it the worse it becomes. I know deep down for me its HA but theres always in the back of your mind it could be something else

Thanks for responding panicless, it's infuriating how when I've gotten past one sypmtom another pops up to take it's place. If all I had were the twitches I think I'd be alright. It's the constant high awareness that's really killing me. The cycle of self checking is hard the beat as well. After 17 months of HA I constantly find myself stand on my toes or heels. HA really is insidious seemingly creeping into every aspect of my life.

What kind of issues did you have and did you ever fully recover from HA?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi there....I can relate to you completly. My issues with my leg not foot but same panic. Ive had this in my left leg and thats gone now its my right. That what makes me think its anxiety or hope it is, although on bad days I find that hard to believe. Ive had the muscle switches, spasms....on the most part they have stopped as Im now focusing on the leg. My scariest symptom by far is slurred speech or percieved slurred speech as no one including my doctor can hear it. I still have this along with the leg thing and think im going crazy now. My mouth/throat feels tight and a pressure to speak and its horrible....now I constantly think about how I sound when I speak. Ive also had an mri and booodtests and seen opthamology for blurred vision....all clear. I def feel what ur going thru. I cant speak to my family/partner anymore think im driving them nuts too xx

Thread Information