Thread: Found a lump under my jaw.

Found a lump under my jaw.

Posted this is symptoms section, but didn't get many replies. Hoping for more luck here...

I read a thread on this site about this subject so decided to check my own jaw, and of course i found a small lump on the left side. It's movable so i'm guessing it's a lymph node? The lump is totally painless as well.

Now i know lymph nodes fight infections, but i can't think of anything recently that could have caused this? I did have a minor sore throat after a night out that lasted about 2 days around a week or so ago? Also a couple of months ago i was having bad throat problems that lasted on and off for a few weeks. Could these be the reason?

After having HA for about 2 years now i know not to check google as it will make my anxiety sky rocket.

Is this something i should be worried about and get checked by a dr?

Re: Found a lump under my jaw.

I have a lymph under my jaw that comes and goes even if im not ill. I also have a permanent one by my collar bone that has been there for 6 months. Its very common x

Yes we all have glands some bigger than others. I just checked my jaw-line and feel some and I am not in the slightest worried and I have major health anxiety!!

I bet your gonna poke and prod that 'lump' and make it sore and tender then really start to worry?

Relax Worried-Male, you just read a thread on glands and your mind is playing games.

Deep breaths and no prodding lumps

Steve

Thank you guys.

hiya, i get these on both sides - even a mouth ulser etc... causes mine and they stay big for months.... so it always seems like i have them. sometimes when i move my head i can feel them in the way(if u know what i mean )
    XX

Ermmm was this my thread you read lol sorry if it made you worry and thanks for your reply on that topic these answers have also reassured me I can feel mine as wel if I move my head

Quote Originally Posted by stripeypurplekat View Post
    Ermmm was this my thread you read lol sorry if it made you worry and thanks for your reply on that topic these answers have also reassured me I can feel mine as wel if I move my head
    Unfortunately it was your post.

A bit hypocritical of me to not follow the very same advice i give you!

But on a positive note, i can't feel the lump today, i can feel a slight bump, but there is one the exact same size on the other side, so i'm guessing it's normal anatomy.

But thank you for the posts on here guys, it really calmed me down and stopped me worrying.

Thread Information