Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's Cancer

Unhappy Today's Cancer

*** TMI WARNING FROM THE GET-GO ***

Hi all,

SO it's not unusual for me to have irregular/ late periods, and they usually only last 2-3 days at a time.

This month my period was 5 days late again, however this time it doesn't seem to want to stop. I'm on day 9 now!

As well as the abnormal period, I have period cramping and a strange "niggling feeling" around where my cervix is. I think.

Today I went to the Doctors. She poked and prodded me, got me to do a wee test (I'm not pregnant) and then booked me in for a smear on Friday, along with swabs (for what, I didn't ask as my anxiety was running overtime at this point. Any one know what they could be for?!).

She didn't really give me much...other then sometimes women have long periods...or it could be a cyst or an infection. I asked her if I should be worried about the big C, and she just said "no" bluntly.

This, of course, means that it's all I can think about and I've completely convinced myself that I have cervical cancer and I'll be dead by next year.

Can anyone offer any comfort or shared experience with the above?

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Today's Cancer

Hi
    Swabs are to rule out infection, that's all x

Still bleeding :( well...it's day 11, but it actually stopped all day yesterday with no pain!

Went back to the Doctors today and they've given me Beta Blockers. Now I just need to wait for the smear on Friday

How heavy is the bleeding?

Back in August, I had a very strange period. It was much lighter than normal, like red spotty and it lasted like 9/10 days before it finally went away. My periods are usually 4-6 days at most and not spotty like that. I asked my gynecologist about it and she said as long as my next period goes back to normal then it was probably stress or diet related. The next month it came as normal.

To be honest, it's only showing slightly on the pad, but it's bright red when I...er...*ahem* wipe. Which makes it seem more alarming, I guess.

Day 13 today. Smear and swabs tomorrow. Then I'm gonna have a large glass of wine and try to relax until I get my results. Do you know how long that usually takes?

SO I'm still bleeding today so they won't do the smear and I've had to rebook for Thursday - another 6 days away!

I'm feel like I'm going crazy and have no idea what to do :( surely I can't waste another6 days?! What if it's something serious :( aaaaaaaah!

Isn't waiting awful? I am concerned about cervical cancer too at the moment. Not because of bleeding, but because I have a weird af lesion on my cervix!

Hope we're both ok.

Quote Originally Posted by This too shall pass View Post
    SO I'm still bleeding today so they won't do the smear and I've had to rebook for Thursday - another 6 days away!

I'm feel like I'm going crazy and have no idea what to do :( surely I can't waste another6 days?! What if it's something serious :( aaaaaaaah!

Are you on any birth control at all? I had a bleed very similar to this about 6 months back but I’m on the implant and thankfully I’ve not actually bled since. Mine went on for 15 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Waiting is awful!

I managed to get an appointment today so now I need to wait (again) for the results.

Not on birth control but the bleedings finally stopped.

I hope and I'm sure we'll all be fine..right? Xx

big hugs, let us know how you get on x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information