Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol and citalopram

Alcohol and citalopram

does anyone no if u can drink on citalopram got a party commn up and it would be nice to have a few beers

gareth

Yes you can have 'a few' , but if you overdo it, you'll know about it the next day.

Not just a headache. You may feel shaky and more anxious than previously

Meg

I take efexor (venfalfaxine) and I drink alcohol. Though you are not supposed to. I think i am beginning to realise why! I get drunk much quiecker than i used to and i get tired too. I was out drinking on friday and I got the comment "god, you're eyes" - i think they maty possibly have been rolling a small bit! i probably looked like I'd taken some illicit drugs! I also find i reach a limit and just cannot drink anymore. My party days are over I think !!!!

My boyfriend was on citalopram and he got drunk extremly quickly and it made him more unpredictable and anxious. It is my advice not to drink while taking these tablets.

I am on Cipralex and drink like a fish!

Cipralex is very similar to citalopram (newer version) and the leaflet actually states 'has no known interaction with alcohol'.

However, some people find that alcohol makes them more anxious the next day and this would probably occur with or without the tablets. If I were you I'd have a few but go easy and see how you feel for the future.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

when i was on citalopram i could drink one night and feel fine and another time feel absolutely terrible so be very very careful :-)

H

i went out for my friends birthday, didnt drink more than normal and was in a comedy club, spun out big time and had to make a dash for the toilet was sick and had to leave the show. mixing anti depressants with booze seems to enhance the effcect and i felt terrible next morning. dont recommend it

Hi all,

I've wondered about Citalopram and alcohol myself - I've been on 20mg for about 3 years and feel that I'm unwise in drinking my 'normal' amount which is low-ish during the week and binge-ish at the weekend.

I find that for a couple days after an amount of alcohol I'll be very edgy and anxious. I find also that I feel rather shaky and will break a sweat very easily.

I think that the wisest thing to do would be not to drink or failing that limit oneself to a couple of glasses of wine at most, but living in the UK's booze culture makes this difficult. It seems like I just want to have my cake and eat it...

I'm sure that booze upsets a chemical system in my brain and it takes a couple of days to right itself during which time I find my nerves are quite bad. Does this match other peoples' experience.

Take Care,

Simon

Well ive just been out and had loads of alcohol,frist time in weeks so far so good!I have been a little scared about drinking with the drugs but i went out for the frist time in ages tonight and i thought i wont no how i feel entil i try.Will let you no in the morning.x

Some can, some cant.
    SSRI's and alcohol make me very unpredictable and land me in jail often. (I dont drink anymore)
    Not an uncommon story if you drink a lot with these pills but everyone is different.

Chop

Learning to under react

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information