Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Re: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Thanks for your response PsychoPoet. I am not taking any other medications. After the restless sleep episodes I took a 3 month break from inositol and then read more on the positive effects of inositol on PCOS, and restarted it at 2g daily in the mornings. I haven't noticed any mood changes. I do notice I feel more tired/relaxed and ready for bed earlier than usual. I will work up to 2g twice daily to reap the full effects for PCOS and maybe more if my anxiety persists.

Thank you for your report I may give this a go se how i go very good info

I started taking inositol the other day. I read a very good book that detailed lots of different prescription and over the counter medications and thought Id give this a go.

The past few months I have been suffering with insomnia (grrr!)
    I also have a situation dependent fairly tricky social anxiety problem which can lead to panic attacks.

Im only 3 days in, and I have only taken Inositol at night so far. But I have had 2 (and hopefully 3 after I make this post) great nights sleep so far. I know for a fact that the Inositol is helping me to get a good nights sleep.

My insomnia is very easy to read, but has been very difficult to treat. I can feel exhausted all day, but the moment I get in to bed I feel like the centre of my brain is extremely focused and I will lay there thinking all through the night. My heart beat always feels a little stronger too.

I have found it very difficult for my mind to wander and to have negative thoughts when trying to sleep for the past few nights. I sense I would have to strain my mind in order to do so. I can feel my heart beat going a little stronger than it should, that lets me know I wouldn't be sleeping otherwise. Its my own tell tale sign I have picked up on.

So, so far so good. I might start taking it 3 times a day. I don't see why not and would have no problem doing so as long as I can drive and pay attention to the road.

For sleep tho, Id really recommend giving it a go. Sleeping pills didn't work, valerian neither. But inositol is.

Edit - 3 good nights sleep
    Last edited by mikes; 22-12-12 at 14:58.

Question Re: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Hi people

I have decided to buy some Inositol I am in the uk I do suffer from sad and anxiety I take 200mg of sertrline my mood is not to bad but sad and anxiety is really bad now.

I spoke to the lady in hb and she advised to take it with vitamin b.

I have some multi vitamins she said these should be.

do you guys think 3 x 650mg a day will be enough of the stuff to lower anxiety.
    I will buy some powder when these run out doctor gave me some trazadone but they never helped

Thanks for any advice

I was going to ask the same question as the last poster. Will 3 x 650mg a day be OK to start with? Will that make a difference?

Hello, I am a 28 y/o male and have been suffering from high anxiety and panic disorder for the past 3 months. Prior to experiencing this i was a very socially active person and never had worries but stress was always on my mind, i sort of put everything in the back burner. I had lost my job and was unemployed for a bit, my grandmother had passed away and i came down with a 5 day flu. After that all hell broke loose in my mind and till this day i am having anxiety and panic.

I just bought Inositol after reading up on it to see if i can level my self out and just be normal again. It seems really safe and aide effects arent too crazy.

I had a question though, i am still young and socialize a lot, it actually helps with my anxiety at times. I am a social drinker but i binge when i do. The next day is pure chaos for my mind with extremely high anxiety and panic, with lingering anxiety once the panic has subsided.

My question is assuming inositol does help me would i be able to still consume my occasional alchohol on the weekends either on or off the inositol.

Any feedback helps. I appreciate it.

Joining the inositol crew! Should arrive in a few days, want to use it for swings of depression and constant anxiety I have the same question as the above post, hoping it won't affect my social life? I'm guessing we are the research force at the moment as there is so little known about it so far. I'll take a good dose and have a god drink and see what happens

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Update: got mine from Blackburn distributions, 100grams, so should last me 20-30 days hopefully good amount of time to try it out.
    Just had my first quarter teaspoon with a cuppa, its like sherbet, yummy! Am hoping it will help with my depression related sleep-maintenence-insomnia too. Will keep you updated on if it helps/side effects.
    Ooh I think a couple of people on this thread have got miligrams and grams mixed up, you're not taking 3-4 miligrams, it's 3-4 grams, and certainly not 650 grams!

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Hi Pancho, yes it does have a slightly sweet flavour, you'd expect it to be nasty but it isn't at all.

I don't use inositol these days as I am not sure whether or not it works against mirtazapine, and to be honest, my level of anxiety is usually low. I do take omega 3 supplements though.

Wantto12 - alcohol is a depressant, so heavy drinking is not advisable at all. Binge drinking is completely the opposite of what you should do even if you aren't suffering from anxiety or low mood, so it will give you a hammering - think of it as your body's way of saying "Respect me, or you'll get more of this!"

Soulsearcher and Steveo - yeah, that should be fine, you don't want to start too high. I found the ideal dose was around 4g per day. More than that upset my stomach but I never took higher doses for long enough to know if that would settle down.

Mike - it's good that the inositol is helping. It's good stuff.

Renie - bear in mind that anxiety and depression are illnesses of the way we think, so inositol can help you sleep and feel more relaxed but you'll still need to identify your unhelpful beliefs and challenge them if you want to get better.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

I've decided to give this a go. I've ordered 360x1000mg(1g) tablets. I have sensitive guts due to already having IBS, so I'm going to start with half a tablet a day and work my way up gradually, so it might be a little while before I see any benefits.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information