Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fibroadenoma or breast cancer?

Re: Fibroadenoma or breast cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppika View Post
    But 3x7x7 is smaller than 4x7x10! Did the doctor comment on it?
    No it's 7x7x3. So the 4 went to.a 7. I see him later today.

Please keep me posted. I hope everything will be just fine!

I got my biopsy results back today: neither cancer, nor fibroadenoma. They are fibrocystic lesions, apparently.

Fantastic news Poppika! I’m awaiting my appointment next Wednesday so I find so much comfort in everyone else’s news.

I got my biopsy results back today: neither cancer, nor fibroadenoma. They are fibrocystic lesions, apparently.
    That's fantastic news. Can you feel these lesions? What do they feel like if so? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Halle0587 View Post
    Fantastic news Poppika! I’m awaiting my appointment next Wednesday so I find so much comfort in everyone else’s news.
    Oh, dear! Are you facing something similar? What does the doctor say? Or is this going to be your first appointment? Did you just find a lump?

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof1 View Post
    That's fantastic news. Can you feel these lesions? What do they feel like if so? Thanks.
    Hi! Well that was the freakiest of all, I did not feel any lump at all!
    This was my first breast exam ever, and I only went there because i had pain in my other breast for months (nothing in there), and the doctor found these two lumps by accident. Also, they are really big. So i had no way of knowing how long they have been there and how they got there. I was really scared that it could be something advanved.
    I do perform monthly breast exams but my breasts are dense, i still can’t distinguish these lumps from the general lumpiness of my boobies. Neither can my husband for that matter. I guess I will have to take regular sonograms/mammograms seriously from now on...

Oh wow. Well I'm glad you got it all figured out. I felt what I thought was a lump 3 months ago and had a mammogram and ultrasound. They said they didnt find anything but normal breast tissue. My boobs are very lumpy too. They didn't want to do a biopsy so I went over their heads and saw a breast surgeon who also said she didn't feel the need to do a biopsy because it just feels like a chunk of squishy fat.

[QUOTE=Poppika;1801590]Oh, dear! Are you facing something similar? What does the doctor say? Or is this going to be your first appointment? Did you just find a lump?[COLOR="blue"]

Similar in the breast health situation, although it’s more of a slope that sort of changes the contour. My ARNP Ob/GYN examined and said she didn’t notice what I noticed. She checked my breast sitting up and laying down, up to my collar bone and down through my armpit. No lumps. She thinks it’s breast asymmetry. I felt great after that appointment June 5th. About a week later I started feeling concerned after getting out of the shower and noticing the slope/dent again with pain (although not constant and not dibilitating, just maybe non-cyclical) in mostly my left breast, but occasionally the right one as well. About a year ago I told my OB I had breast pain in both breast and he advised I chill on the caffeine that helped. So I’m hoping I’m just associating a normal pain for me with something sinister since I’m more hyper-aware of my left breast right now. Although, I do feel that my toddler accidentally elbowing me frequently when he’s in my arms has something to do with it as well.

After looking at pictures online I think my breasts have changed after breastfeeding. I had saggier breast from drastic weight fluctuations and stretch marks prior to pregnancy and breastfeeding. Since breastfeeding I believe my areola area is more puffy, at least that’s what my ARNP is hoping all of this is and I’m okay. I think my breast have the dreaded tuberous shape as they are smaller and point down :-/

They are doing a mammogram next Wednesday and an ultrasound if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof1 View Post
    Oh wow. Well I'm glad you got it all figured out. I felt what I thought was a lump 3 months ago and had a mammogram and ultrasound. They said they didnt find anything but normal breast tissue. My boobs are very lumpy too. They didn't want to do a biopsy so I went over their heads and saw a breast surgeon who also said she didn't feel the need to do a biopsy because it just feels like a chunk of squishy fat.
    Apparently it is quite common for fatty tissue and other types of normal breast tissue to feel like lumps when you touch them. What they said about the biopsy makes sense. I mean how would they know where to take tissue sample from if nothing showed up on the scans? I’m pretty sure you’re fine if all those doctors say so!

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

[QUOTE=Halle0587;1801626]
    Oh, dear! Are you facing something similar? What does the doctor say? Or is this going to be your first appointment? Did you just find a lump?[COLOR="blue"]

Similar in the breast health situation, although it’s more of a slope that sort of changes the contour. My ARNP Ob/GYN examined and said she didn’t notice what I noticed. She checked my breast sitting up and laying down, up to my collar bone and down through my armpit. No lumps. She thinks it’s breast asymmetry. I felt great after that appointment June 5th. About a week later I started feeling concerned after getting out of the shower and noticing the slope/dent again with pain (although not constant and not dibilitating, just maybe non-cyclical) in mostly my left breast, but occasionally the right one as well. About a year ago I told my OB I had breast pain in both breast and he advised I chill on the caffeine that helped. So I’m hoping I’m just associating a normal pain for me with something sinister since I’m more hyper-aware of my left breast right now. Although, I do feel that my toddler accidentally elbowing me frequently when he’s in my arms has something to do with it as well.

After looking at pictures online I think my breasts have changed after breastfeeding. I had saggier breast from drastic weight fluctuations and stretch marks prior to pregnancy and breastfeeding. Since breastfeeding I believe my areola area is more puffy, at least that’s what my ARNP is hoping all of this is and I’m okay. I think my breast have the dreaded tuberous shape as they are smaller and point down :-/

They are doing a mammogram next Wednesday and an ultrasound if needed.
    When I mentioned pain to my doctor stopped me mid-sentence and told me right away that pain in the breasts means NOTHING AT ALL, it has no diagnostic value whatsoever. She added that literally every woman experiences breast pain at some point, be it cyclical or non-cyclical. You are doing the right thing having your breasts checked out, but don’t worry about it , if the doctor is not concerned it’s probably nothing serious. Breastfeeding can change the female anatomy quite a bit, so that sounds like a realistic explanation to what you’re experiencing.

Wonderful news!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information