I have been thinking a lot recently about the link between different types of hormonal contraception and anxiety.

I am pretty certain I remember reading somewhere that the Pill and other forms of contraception with progestogen as the active "ingredient". I cannot find anything that specifically relates to this online- and have obviously [8)] lost the original "fact sheet" that I was given when I had the implanon implant inserted two years.

Just wondering really if anyone else had had any experiences where the have felt that the hormonal types of contraception have affected their anxiety or depression in anyway. I know I have been unwell with depression and anxiety for considerably longer than the time for which I have had the implant, but before that I was on the Pill for medical reasons (for about 3 years), and I was just thinking that maybe this could be linked to one or both of my main problems, especially as I still get PMT symptoms when I was told I shouldn't, and both the anxiety and depression are heightened at this time.

Was just wondering if anyone else had any experience here or any thoughts?

Thanks,

Hannah

"I just wanna live my life sedated, cos I love driving myself away"