Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 great weeks on Cipralex and then...

12 great weeks on Cipralex and then...

I've been on 10 mg of Cipralex for about 3 months now and have been feeling great for the most part. Only a few very minor blips not lasting more than a day or so each time and very, very manageable.

Then, two days ago the feelings of anxiety - tingles, butterflies etc. crept in and so far are still hanging around.

This is quite dispiriting as I'm sure you can all imagine.

Any pearls of wisdom or similar experiences to assure me that this too is just a blip and doesn't mean the meds aren't working for me? What I read - especially on Anxious in Canada's threads would tell me that this is not an uncommon experience but I just need some extra reassurance.

Jmac

Re: 12 great weeks on Cipralex and then...

You are right this is not uncommon, and it does not mean you are taking a step backwards, just go with it, it will pass, annoying i know, but it has happened to me, and others too, just remember anxiety can play tricks on us, and rear it's head if you let it, so be kind to yourself and try not to worry it WILL pass good luck x

Thanks pinkdove. So, dispiriting. It seems the anxiety rises and falls but fortunately, doesn't go too far when it rises. As long as it falls back down again I'll ride it out.

I know this is an unfair question to ask of you, but how long do these "blips" tend to last? And how often might I expect them? I thought I was done with them!

Jmac

Hi ive been on citalopram 10 weeks and upped my dose last monday to 30mg and like u thought id cracked it until at 3.30 today a wave of panic came over me, fluttering heart, heavy breathing but fortunatly no full blown attack this time! Tried to ride it out but fear took over and i took 2mg of diazepam apart, u forget that fear when youve been doing well and it scares the life out of you when it comes back to say hi im still here! Im still sat here now in dread and shakey! X x
    Last edited by nicola1980; 23-11-11 at 18:45.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling your best, Nicola. I've heard that can happen when increasing dosage. Good thing it's not full blown pa! I'm not having full blown pas either - just rising and fallings feelings of anxiety. Today feels more manageable then yesterday and I'm able to do some of my work from home today so that helps. I'm hopeful that this is just a temporary blip and it'll pass quickly.

As Pinkdove says, very common and nothing to worry about.

Hang in there, we'll get through this!

Hmmmm.... BLIPS

Oh how I know you well!

The best way I describe them is the bad with the good. They are part of getting better believe it or not. You see as we feeling great we don't notice it so much, then when we are feeling down/not great we are bracing ourselves for the whole ordeal to start over again (of course this is anxiety trying to work is way back on top!) BUT as time goes one (different lengths for everyone) we start adjusting to the BLIPS (learn to cope/ignore/not give in....) and they become less intense and a normal part of life again. Remember everyone in the world feels down sometimes....we just need to be able to deal with it better. And with time and practice we will overcome them.

Hang in there, it isn't easy but you will get through it!

This happened to me after five months on cipralex, unfortunately for me it did not improve and I am now on Sertraline. I was really disappointed as I had only minimal initial side effects on cipralex.

haz,

is the new medication working for you?

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Thanks Anxious in Canada,

You always know the right thing to say and are so encouraging! I'm so grateful for your experience.

I'm hanging in and must admit that it's not as bad as when this all started in the summer. I'm sure it is just a blip and will be done soon. Today has been better than yesterday overall. Tomorrow will be even better!

The Sertraline? It's ok, took a while. Don't feel as good as I did on Seroxat but that stopped working for me after 14 years unfortunately. :-(

Hello. I am new to this site, and am glad it's here! I just received a prescription for Ciprolax yesterday. So I am very glad to have some support, perhaps give some, and learn about this drug that I had never heard of. I don't know if my situation is permanent but hopefully this drug will help me deal with the panic, the anxiety and depression that I have been feeling for some time. thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information