Thread: Question burning tongue

Question burning tongue

HI all, i posted on here on the 27-03-09 about my burning tongue ( it had just started at this point) and i was posting for advice. I have it nearly every day for 9 months some times it goes away for weeks other times its everyday for a month. I have been to the doc endless times they all say burning mouth syndrome & no cure etc etc. Obviously it really bothers me as its such a painful thing & somedays i find it hard to believe its nothing. Do you think if it was cancer, MS or all of the various other things im scared of it would have got worse or i would have more symptoms in nearly 9 months? x

Re: Question burning tongue

anyone? xx

hi Tash, im sure if it were ms(which is isnt or anything else neuro) it would be alot worse and not just here one day gone the next. If your doctor said its burning mouth syndrome then you have to trust him they know what they are looking at. Perhaps you could go back to the docs to give you something for it just to relieve the symptoms. You could even talk to the parmacist at your local chemist. BUT DO NOT GOOGLE. Im sorry couldnt be more help :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tashbarnes87 View Post
    HI all, i posted on here on the 27-03-09 about my burning tongue ( it had just started at this point) and i was posting for advice. I have it nearly every day for 9 months some times it goes away for weeks other times its everyday for a month. I have been to the doc endless times they all say burning mouth syndrome & no cure etc etc. Obviously it really bothers me as its such a painful thing & somedays i find it hard to believe its nothing. Do you think if it was cancer, MS or all of the various other things im scared of it would have got worse or i would have more symptoms in nearly 9 months? x
    Id say ur low on B vitamins. I had exactly what you've had & it took me months to get rid of it.

Take some B vitamins...or the Wellman tabs. Give it a month & you'll start to feel better.

It could be due to a vitamin B deficiency. Consider trying a vitamin B supplement from a health shop or eating more vitamin B rich foods..

Tash,

I'm sure i've mentioned this to you before, i have had burning mouth syndrome for almost 2 years, i have good days and bad days, i was like you, i worried it was something sinister, well i'm still here after nearly two years and my dentist has assured me it is just one of those things and it will go away in its own time.

Go speak to your dentist tash, this one is not for the doctor, i'm sure you've just got what i have, burning mouth syndrome. The dentist can send off for a blood test to confirm it.

best wishes

di xx

Thread Information