Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Escitalopram / Lexapro / Cipralex Post messages here about Escitalopram

Old 19-09-09, 23:39

Question Escitalopram success stories

I need a boost today. Can people who have found Escitalopram helpful with anxiety please post?

I have found it has lifted my depression somewhat, but I'm still really anxious. I'm on week 5 of a low dose. I'd like to hear how people have been helped. Thank you!!!
Old 22-09-09, 10:40

Re: Escitalopram success stories

Hi. I'm considering going back on escitalopram, but unsure of side-effects, was WIDE awake at night. Took for a week then stopped. I'm curious as to wether it helps anxiety too. You on 5mg?
Px
Old 22-09-09, 18:08

I'm on 7.5 (3/4 of a pill).

Anybody? Hellooooooooooooooooooooo?
Old 23-09-09, 14:03

I started on 2.5 mg, i am now on 10mg, and have been on it for about 4 or 5 months now, it took me about 2 and a half months to see any significant results.
Considering i used to be housebound, this drug has worked for me in that sense i can go out more frequently now, Although i feel like it could be doing more for me. I still get panic attacks sometimes, but i used to have them everyday, not that frequent anymore.
Downside to this medication is its still patented, so its very costly
My precription for 10mg a month is almsot 70$can. I would like to up it, but just to expensive. would be 160$ a month for 20mg.
Old 29-09-09, 22:45
Intermediate Member

Hiya. I have been on this medication for 4 weeks now and i have noticed a significant change. I suffered with PA's every day and OCD and i feel much better. It took 2-3 weeks to kick in but for the past week i have not had a single PA. The downside to this is that when i am faced with something that i fear i cant panic so i just cry instead, but i would prefer that instead of a major PA. Also my OCD thoughts have reduced greatly, they are still there but they are fleeting and they dont scare me as much. I take 10mg a day.
Just to let you know so far into my 4th week of treatment on this drug i already feel much better, with no side effects either.

Kez xx
Old 16-10-09, 21:56

it will take a little over six weeks - well it did for me. keep with it.
Old 29-10-09, 18:09

ive just started hopefully il feel btr soon
Old 04-12-09, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicledreamz View Post
I started on 2.5 mg, i am now on 10mg, and have been on it for about 4 or 5 months now, it took me about 2 and a half months to see any significant results.
Considering i used to be housebound, this drug has worked for me in that sense i can go out more frequently now, Although i feel like it could be doing more for me. I still get panic attacks sometimes, but i used to have them everyday, not that frequent anymore.
Downside to this medication is its still patented, so its very costly
My precription for 10mg a month is almsot 70$can. I would like to up it, but just to expensive. would be 160$ a month for 20mg.
I don't know much about these drugs, but, as escitalopram is the enantiomer of citalopram (the cousin of escitalopram) I wonder if you can take citalopram, as citalopram's patent has expired -- and, apparently, that's why they created escitalopram... a drug to do the same thing as citalopram -- a way of extending the patent/profitability of a particular drug.
Like I said, I'm new to this, so I would check with your doctor as to whether citalopram would be a suitable option.

P.S. - I've just started today on escitalopram, starting on half the dose prescribed -- 5mg instead of 10mg. I didn't know anything about it before taking it, except that it would have some side-effects that should subside within a couple of weeks, I'm told. Naturally, it's too early for me to say how it's going. But the side-effect of insomnia has got me up right now in the middle of the night researching escitalopram!
P.P.S. - I did, unfortunately, have a coffee in the afternoon -- before I read all the forums about SSRIs and caffeine! The meds magnified the effect of the caffeine (or something like that!) and I've been bouncing off the walls! I will cut out coffee for now and see how the meds go on their own!

Last edited by Restless Ron; 04-12-09 at 16:05. Reason: Clarify where I'm coming from.
Old 04-12-09, 23:42

Hi

I love escitalopram. It has helped me so much.. Before taking it I was a total utter wreck. I was so anxious and so panicy... and quite OCD to be honest.

I've been taking it for a couple of months and I'm only on a low dose, if I go any higher I seem to get panicy... I take 4mgs... I cant even go to 4.5 without having panic attacks!! I suppose I am quite a tiny person but eh..

Id love for you to stick with it and see how it can help... If in a few months you don't see an improvement maybe your dose needs to be adjusted or another medication would be more suited...

I wont lie and say Im completly cured now, because medication just doesn't do that. But with a lot of will power and strength, CBT and my beloved escitalopram, I seem to be on the right road...

Btw, I cannot believe how expensive it is over there!! It is no where NEAR that price over in Aus... It's like $30 AUD....

FEAR is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real.

Tags
escitalopram, stories, success