Thread: Suddenly, I'm scared of my mobile phone :(

Unhappy Suddenly, I'm scared of my mobile phone :(

I was chatting to my friend a second ago, who I'll admit often is one for being melodramatic about this stuff - she once even scared me about UFOs and aliens! - but this one kinda got me too :(

I use my mobile phone too much.. I know I do ._. I am hooked on the silly thing - I'm a talkative person by nature and I love having someone to talk to while I'm walking down to the shops or around town or whatever I'm doing.

But now I'm mega scared :'(

I always thought that research into the harmful effects of mobile phones were inconclusive and negligible at best but apparently they are coming out more and more :( And she said she even knew someone who died of a brain tumour that may well have been caused by it (apparently that woman was a very heavy mobile user).

Hmmm ._. I scared.

I mean it's still true that results are shakey, and hell a LOT of people use phones a lot and this is the first time I've EVER heard a story about someone dying like this (seems a LITTLE coincidental it's from the same woman as the UFO thing right? lol).

But yeah I'm thinking about a) cutting my phone use down to practically 0 and b) maybe, possibly, maybe, going for an MRI scan if my doctor lets me, just coz.. I dunno.. I'm scared :(

Is that silly? Coz like, it's not that I wanna be dumb it's just that I don't wanna find out that something is there if it's too late. Damn you 3 why did you have to give me unlimited free Skype minutes!! lol

I'm SO glad I know now, but I'm still scared out of my little (probably healthy) mind ._.

Hmm.

What should I do? Or what would you do?

Thanks

Hoppi

Re: Suddenly, I'm scared of my mobile phone :(

Hey there

Im really sorry your feeling scared right now :( but i really dont think there is anything to worry about.

The chances of anything like that happening to you is not likely

There are a lot more harmful things then mobile phones i think its really rare that anything like that happens to anyone.

I have never heard of anyone getting a brain tumor from a mobile phone? but it could be just me?

Anyways i have used mobile phones a lot in my past and i know people that use them probably more then you do.

this is not likely to happen to you make a warm drink and watch a movie.

Its all good

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Quote Originally Posted by Andyroo View Post
    Hey there

Im really sorry your feeling scared right now :( but i really dont think there is anything to worry about.

The chances of anything like that happening to you is not likely

There are a lot more harmful things then mobile phones i think its really rare that anything like that happens to anyone.

I have never heard of anyone getting a brain tumor from a mobile phone? but it could be just me?

Anyways i have used mobile phones a lot in my past and i know people that use them probably more then you do.

this is not likely to happen to you make a warm drink and watch a movie.

Its all good
    aww thanks man that was a really nice post!

I still do feel scared and stuff but, it did make me feel better and also it's great to hear different people's takes and experiences because it is true that there is little definitive evidence still.

If I go down I'm blaming the 3 network! lol

Thanks anyway though man and I hope you're having a nice day! (I see you live in Australia - I bet it's nice over there!)

Hoppi

Any other opinions on this one? heh

Sorry, it would just reassure me and also be interesting to hear people's thoughts on this..

Also, is an MRI scan easy to get as like a "check-up"... just coz like.. I dunno ._. I might ask if I can have one at some point in the next 6 months ._.

Actually they didn't tell the public about it but Michael Jackson had the same problem..He was always on the phone as a matter of fact they found his phone on his chest moments before they discovered he was dead..Its a cover up saying he was on drugs.. can you imagine if they told people really what phones were doing to them?????
    It would reak havoc in the modern world and no one would use a phone and then everyone that made phones would be out of work including those millions of tiny asians with tiny fingers that seem to be able to create a phone on the top of a pin and the world economy would collapse.....HOLD IT HOLD it HOLD IT.. lol just kidding with all this.. Frankly speaking.. people are trying to scare us to death with everything and anything..Fresh air will kill you. using your phone will kill you.. watching to much tv will kill you, riding your bike will kill you , I mean really???? People have a tendency to try to make everyone feel bad about everything they do.. If you think of it you could probably die from anything ..i mean you could die from overdose of ice cream lol.. but you probably won't ..Those articles they write are meant to sell sensation..That is all they are is all crap and they are scaring the wits out of everyone and we are the stupid ones listening. Do what you want, live the way you want .I mean you are going to die one day no matter what but my money isn't on a phone killing you and stop reading all the crap .they are there to sell print.. to get you to sign on their site so they can sell advertising or to get you to watch their program to sell advertising or to get you to read their article to sell advertising..Its those idiots that are going to kill us all with worry ,fight back by refusing to believe or read their crap.. Take care , and relax.. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by looking4answers View Post
    Actually they didn't tell the public about it but Michael Jackson had the same problem..He was always on the phone as a matter of fact they found his phone on his chest moments before they discovered he was dead..Its a cover up saying he was on drugs.. can you imagine if they told people really what phones were doing to them?????
    It would reak havoc in the modern world and no one would use a phone and then everyone that made phones would be out of work including those millions of tiny asians with tiny fingers that seem to be able to create a phone on the top of a pin and the world economy would collapse.....HOLD IT HOLD it HOLD IT.. lol just kidding with all this.. Frankly speaking.. people are trying to scare us to death with everything and anything..Fresh air will kill you. using your phone will kill you.. watching to much tv will kill you, riding your bike will kill you , I mean really???? People have a tendency to try to make everyone feel bad about everything they do.. If you think of it you could probably die from anything ..i mean you could die from overdose of ice cream lol.. but you probably won't ..Those articles they write are meant to sell sensation..That is all they are is all crap and they are scaring the wits out of everyone and we are the stupid ones listening. Do what you want, live the way you want .I mean you are going to die one day no matter what but my money isn't on a phone killing you and stop reading all the crap .they are there to sell print.. to get you to sign on their site so they can sell advertising or to get you to watch their program to sell advertising or to get you to read their article to sell advertising..Its those idiots that are going to kill us all with worry ,fight back by refusing to believe or read their crap.. Take care , and relax.. Michael
    hehe yeah you're probably right

I mean, I have come to the conclusion recently that's it's good to be cautious, because there ARE things out there that can harm us including medical things, but it's bad to obsess, or to worry about something without real factual reasoning.

Most sources seem to say there is "no link" between phones and cancer, and some say there is "a small link over longer periods". I'm still going to be a little bit cautious and stuff but, yeah it may well be nonsense. It is a bit too early for ANYONE to draw a real conclusion on it.

Personally, I think one important piece of info would be if the overall numbers of people getting these tumours has increased over the past 20 years, because I don't THINK it has but I'm not sure. Because as far as I can tell if it hasn't and still doesn't in the next 10 years or so then... it's proooobably complete nonsense.

Time will tell O.O and I shall do a little more research too as it's interesting if nothing else o.O

Personally I love research too..Its fun and something to do..But well the advertising thing is first hand experienced ,before I retired from the computer industry years ago I worked 12 years in radio and television at all levels from announcer to newsroom to on air weatherman to camera man to director to video and audio tech..I did it all.. and the whole time their motto was blood and guts sells.. so well you can see why I feel the way I do.. besides its annoying to find something you like to do or eat or drink only to be told that you are going to die from it..I thought your post interesting and your thoughts interesting and wanted to kid a little with you just for fun and give you my thoughts.I hope you didn't mind and research is great you have fun with it just don't believe everything you find.. Take care.. Michael

get a blue tooth headset!

There does actually seem to be some kind of link ._. I was looking on youtube and there is a video of a senate hearing on the subject, and there were a LOT of reports that said they found a link ._.

is it possible to have an MRI as like... a check up? ._.

Thread Information