Thread: Trapped wind or my apendix? Am I gonna die?

Question Trapped wind or my apendix? Am I gonna die?

I've had this cramp like feeling in my belly since last Sunday, and I burp a lot, Even drinking water causes me to burp, Is it just trapped wind? None of the pills etc, to take are working. Is it something sinister? Am I going to die?
    Been farting a lot too, and burping..

Re: Trapped wind or my apendix? Am I gonna die?

It sounds most likely to be acid reflux. I had this a few years ago, mine was burping and hiccuping for like a few weeks. It eventually just sorted itself, but it's always a good idea to consult your GP. As a precaution more than anything else. It may just be a case of taking an antacid for a while, one that is prescribed rather than over the counter. Something maybe set it off? Such as an antibiotic or change in diet, even stress. I know it is a catch 22. As for an appendicitis or such like..I think you would be in a lot more pain and would be being sick a lot. Don't let your anxiety take the lead, but do give yourself peace of mind by consulting your Dr. To be honest, if you have had it for over a week now doesn't sound like your in any imminent danger, so take some reassurance in that. Most of all, don't be complacent always get your gp's opinion- however until you have reason to get anxious, don't. Easier said than done I know, but if there is something up, worrying won't make it better and the anxiety will only exacerbate symptoms in the long run. What your experiencing sounds very common and can be linked to many things, most of which can be treated easily or managed through diet. But do remember while it's important to see your Dr the worsening of these symptoms are also by products of increased anxiety, so try to keep calm and wait and see what your gp has to say.

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

On a side note, please please under no circumstances Dr GOOGLE yourself mad with your symptoms. It is so counter productive and leads to so much unneccessary worry. Google's default seems to be to put the least likely scare examples at the top of the many more minor explanations for any set of symptoms.

Thread Information