Thread: Stomach Burning

Stomach Burning

Hello, all. I'm sure I've posted about my stomach in the past, but I keep going through phases of intense worrying about this stuff. I've had an on-and-off burning in my stomach since September, but any time I've brought it up at my gastro appointments, they seem to shrug it off (though not without listening/feeling my stomach, etc.) and say that it's just normal hunger pangs. The PPI that I've been taking for a while seems to help, and I only know this because as soon as I try to stop, the burning is more noticeable.

However, I'm starting to worry that this is an ulcer of some kind, and that I'm going to just start bleeding internally one day. But the thing is that I tested negative for H Pylori (through breath, stool, and blood) roughly a year and a half before this started, and I've heard that it takes a decently long time for that to begin messing with your stomach. I also very rarely take NSAIDS. The only other thing I can think of is the slight sliding hernia I have. Could it be that? GERD? Gastritis? I'm not looking for a diagnosis, since I do plan to see the gastro again in a few weeks, but if anyone has any experience with this sort of thing and could share, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Re: Stomach Burning

Me and you are going thru the same things or almost. I had extreme stomach burning that started last November. Went to ER said it was gastritis.

It really started (I think) last February with anxiety/mild depression. Had a light anxiety attack. I was battling with the anxiety until November then the gastro issues started. Burning upper abdominal. I was really scared thought it was my heart. Went to ER 4 times normal ekgs and blood work. My platlets were low at 110. Endoscopy did show 2cm hiatal hernia.(could be the problem) but dr doesnt thinks so.

Now the burning is somewhat gone. Now I get trapped gas more like cant burp or alot of burps. Off and on heartburn.

So far I had ekg, abdominal ultrasound, heart ultrasound, endoscopy, xrays, blood work.

Its driving me crazy basically 7 days a week. Feels like 24/7.
    Changed my diet which has helped some.

Not sure what going on if it stress/anxiety causing it or the reverse. Makes you depressed after awhile like when is this ever going to go away.

Tried PPI dint work. Only med taking now is klonopin tryi g to lower dosage weekly.

See my gastro Dr and psyciatrist next Saturday dont even know what to ask or do no more. Take the monometry test and PH test and after that? Who knows its scary thou. Take care maybe we will figure it out.

Re: Stomach Burning

Quote Originally Posted by jdheart View Post
    Me and you are going thru the same things or almost. I had extreme stomach burning that started last November. Went to ER said it was gastritis.

It really started (I think) last February with anxiety/mild depression. Had a light anxiety attack. I was battling with the anxiety until November then the gastro issues started. Burning upper abdominal. I was really scared thought it was my heart. Went to ER 4 times normal ekgs and blood work. My platlets were low at 110. Endoscopy did show 2cm hiatal hernia.(could be the problem) but dr doesnt thinks so.

Now the burning is somewhat gone. Now I get trapped gas more like cant burp or alot of burps. Off and on heartburn.

So far I had ekg, abdominal ultrasound, heart ultrasound, endoscopy, xrays, blood work.

Its driving me crazy basically 7 days a week. Feels like 24/7.
    Changed my diet which has helped some.

Not sure what going on if it stress/anxiety causing it or the reverse. Makes you depressed after awhile like when is this ever going to go away.

Tried PPI dint work. Only med taking now is klonopin tryi g to lower dosage weekly.

See my gastro Dr and psyciatrist next Saturday dont even know what to ask or do no more. Take the monometry test and PH test and after that? Who knows its scary thou. Take care maybe we will figure it out.
    Sorry that you've been going through so much as well. I feel like I've had so many tests done over the past two years (had an endoscopy in 2015, a few MRIs, a CT scan May 2016, a barium swallow for my esophagus in September). I'm honestly not too sure what could be wrong with me at this point. The burning still comes and goes every other day or two. I just wonder if this is going to be the new "normal" for me now. I agree that this stuff is very depressing to deal with. I hope everything works out for you as well.

Thread Information