Thread: Black in vomit?

Black in vomit?

I feel like I've been coming on here so often lately, it sucks. I always get like this before I go on holiday because I'm always paranoid about getting sick while I'm away.

But over the last month I've had two episodes of vomiting. Both of them appear to have been brought on by migraines (which isn't too unusual for me) from getting overheated/dehydrated. The first time, I was too nauseous to really eat anything so could only throw up water but there were little flecks of black in that. Nothing alarming but alarming enough to someone with health anxiety. A couple of weeks later (aka a few days ago) I had a more violent episode where I threw up pretty much everything I had consumed all day for several hours and couldn't stop shaking and retching, even when I was empty. Once I finally got to sleep, I was much better in the morning. But there were also black bits in my vomit then too. Slightly more although I had had a lot more to eat too.

I'm worried that there's something wrong and it'll get worse while I'm away. I haven't lost my appetite but I do have some reflux at the moment and I feel kind of bloated (though also due on in the next few days). If it was something serious, would the vomiting be more regular? I feel like if it was a stomach issue, I would have problems every time I eat but I'm not sure.

Re: Black in vomit?

I have purely anxiety led vomiting episodes if that helps? They come in batches but always go away again, so I am with you that it would be regular if it was an issue. This might be tmi but admit to getting obsessed with black bits in my poo, it's what triggered my first real serious health anxiety episode. With the vomiting all day are you sure you didn't have a big? There's been a few going round my kids had one a few weeks ago that was awful. My daughter,4, took it like a champ. It left my teenaged son bedridden so yeah, sounds more like that. This is not medical advice is it? I am just offering experience. I worry about the forum rules, don't want to overstep the mark. Vomiting once in a while is blooming gross, but not serious.

Thread Information