Thread: having contamination fears about STDs..how to deal while living a normal life?

having contamination fears about STDs..how to deal while living a normal life?

So a recent encounter made me realize the extreme paranoia I have surrounding fears of STDs, specifically herpes. I've avoided sex with many of my partners because I was afraid of getting something. The other day though I was intimate for the first time with someone I'm seeing, ad I am convinced he gave me herpes from giving me oral sex. I've talked about our sexual histories and he assured me he was clean and he gets tested, but know I'm feeling guilty I didn't ask him for a blood test as proof. I can't get the thought out of ym head that I have it

Re: having contamination fears about STDs..how to deal while living a normal life?

I can't get tested for 6 weeks because it just happened....and this is about something else.

Re: having contamination fears about STDs..how to deal while living a normal life?

It's actually about the same thing....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Perhaps the OP wants to talk to OCD sufferers more than HAers? Nothing wrong with that. Many OCD sufferers post more here than that board.

The HA thread is more about the situation rather than working on the root cause, or at least that's what I believe.

So, no reason not to talk about the cycles here and why not feeding them is important.

If Admin want to merge, I'm sure they will.

The OP is still talking on the other thread so I'm sure there is no intention to ignore the advice on there.

Thread Information