Thread: Panic attack HELP!

Panic attack HELP!

So 2 days ago, I had my first panic attack in well over 18 months maybe even longer. I was laid in bed and suddenly my left arm didn't feel like it was mine. It felt like someone else's. Then it went really heavy.i thought I was having a stroke (I'm 26) I jumped up and ran to the bathroom and all the rooms in my flat (just a panic attack trait of mine is running) turns out it was the start of an aura migraine. Which I've had plenty of times. The week or two prior to that I had stomach issues, constipation, Acid reflux, air hunger (feeling like I can't take a deep breath) and yeah, been a rough few weeks.

Anyway since my panic attack the other morning, I have just been completely out of it! I felt detached from my surroundings, depressed, anxious, a feeling of something bad about to happen and just no outside emotion at all. I looked at myself in the mirror and my face and eyes are just, blank. Drained and emotionless. Thing is it's been that long since I felt anything like this I don't know if all this is normal, am I in trouble? Is there something serious or is it just my anxiety rearing its ugly head once again after so long.

I haven't seen or spoke to anyone in a couple of weeks, ive stoped doing things I enjoy like playing my games console with friends online. I just, i just don't know what to do right now.

Re: Panic attack HELP!

It sounds like you've been experiencing depersonalisation and feelings of imminent doom and dread. It may comfort you to know that all this is is panic and anxiety, nothing more. When I had my first panic attack, I felt entirely detached from everything around me, and in the years that followed, I'd often feel like my body parts didn't belong to me.

Getting in touch with someone else is something I'd highly recommend you do. Interacting with someone else will give you a better feeling of yourself, of your own existence, and it will, in turn, help ease the feelings of unreality. Anxiety wants you to be alone and isolated, afraid and in a state. In other words, it doesn't want you to live. You, however, need to live.

Hi I'm 29 years old I had my first attack 11 weeks ago worst thing ever I since haven't took my kids to school as I'm scared of it happening again good job my mum is around to help me if been in all difface meds and they are not working for me most if them making me sleepy which isn't good when I have a 2 year old and 8 year old got the doctors in the morning again for more help if also got to go for a not scan on my head as my headache has been the worst keeping me up all night and day it pain is unreal I kept thinking to my self why me why can I be like this after being a party person loving life with the kids and out doors and now I'm having to get lifts to the doctors or to my mums as I don't want to see or be around anyone I feel horrible and don't no what to do x

Yep
    And then we have ****heads who don't get panic attack sufferers and people penalised for mental health issues because it's a so called "invisible " illness - more a problem for those that don't suffer!

Rant over

Ok this is classic what my panick attacks started up as - weirded numbing sensations coupled by migraine with aura! I suffered these migraines that only 2% of all migraine sufferers have btw - for years and years before I ever had panic attacks. Panic attacks struck me at 30 and because of the stress of the panic attacks my migraines would then be triggered!!!! I read that migraine sufferers were more predisposed to develop anxiety disorders??

As for the thread above mine - I feel so sad for you x when I first developed panic attacks and I had school run omg it would get to about 2 and for an hour before I'd. E in a high state of irrational panic. My heart would pound and pound I had no one to help other than 1 mum who randomly collected my daughter but it was a one off and I'd helped in in previous times but I had no choice than to jump in the car and go!! It was a five min drive but I was so bad and Ill- the distance was irrelevant I got scared being stood on my doorstep I was completely dibilitated- it took about 6 months to get bk to a sane level.

Just sharing my experiences the reasons why I became a
    Panic suffered on on my old threads if u fancy a read .... I just want to say your not alon and knowing other people can relate may help u xx best wishes

Thread Information