Thread: Numb face

Numb face

So I've been anxious for the last couple weeks. But today I was just sitting and all of a sudden it felt like I was going to pass out m. My eyes went really heavy and then my face felt like it was going numb or tingling really bad. Including my lips my cheeks etc....I jumped up n started to panic. I ran to the sink and splashed water on my face. And it went away. My left side of my face still feels a bit funny but I think that's anxiety. And I'm still shaking from nerves. Is this a panic attack? Or should I go to the hospital because I thought I was having a stroke. Or passing out. I don't think I was hyperventilating to cause a panic attack but tbh I wasn't really concentrating on my breathing. I was just sat relaxing. I'm so scared right now

Re: Numb face

I think you'd have had other symptoms if you had had a stroke. When I'd experience depersonalisation in the past, I'd feel my limbs as well as my face would go numb and would feel tingly and like how they don't belong to me. I sometimes have those symptoms now, but most of the time, it's an overwhelming feeling of not existing that causes me grief.
    Anxiety can come out of the blue though it always has a reason for coming over you like that. Shakiness is very common, even after the panic attack has passed.

Thread Information