18 30.00%
  • that side effects are too hard to cope with but stick it out

5 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: side effects poll

side effects poll

sorry deleted first one by mistake

Re: side effects poll

The trouble with new meds (any meds) is that I read the Poss side effects and more often do not take them they scare the wits out of me.
    June

Yes, I agree with June, I get scared by the side effects.

Here's a TOP TIP from one who never takes her own advice, don't read the side effects and you probably won't get them, LOL.

It's funny because I'll quite happily pop paracetamols, ibruprofen and antibiotics and I don't even think about the side effects of those, but if you read them they are similar to that of the anti depressants.

My first week on fluoxetine was a total nightmare, I was anxious, nauseaus, dizzy - everything described in the side effects list...funny that!

Happy to say though, after 1 week I felt so much better, it's definitely worth sticking it out.

http://quirkymind.blogspot.com/

The side effect I got the most from every anti-depressant I tried were migraines. I am prone to them so maybe that is why I got them, I never read the side effects so do not know if it was one or not. Over here when they advertise on the t.v. for meds they name almost every side effect so I do try not to listen, it is a bad idea in my opinion for them to do it.

Laura xxx

i said dizzines. i have actually just started takin flauxetine(again) and im into my 4th day on them, the dizziness has gone now, but as soon as i picked them up from chemist i gave the leaflet to my mum cause i know i would have read the side effects and then tortured myself for the next couple of weeks lol.x.

I hope more people post! Citalopram- woke up very paranoid and had a huge panic attack, lustral- got jaw tremours and has an odd cottonwool sensation in my head, i got this odd head feeling with both meds, i also got cold/hot sensations, skin crawling feeling.
    i have 4 weeks worth of efexor xr/xl i'm terrified to take them,if i dont get get side effects i'll probaby make sum up, if i take them im gonna spend all my time worried about side effects, i don't know what to do, my anxiety is bad n i do think i need them but im too afraid.
    how do you guys deal with stuff like this???

I'm sorry... but i have to say thank gad other people are afraid of these meds!!!!!!!
    I'm new to this site, but i am already feeling some relief just reading these threads .
    i cannot take SSRI's or tricyclics or maoi inhibitors or effexor (combination). My panic and depression spiral out of control.. so now I'm phobic when it comes to most meds.. even antibiotics and pain relief ! i have tried EVERYTHING... and all i have left is diazepam 5mgs as needed up to 4 times a day. even other benzo's have caused panic attacks would you believe.. makes getting better so hard because doctors think i don't want to get better because i refuse medication. I can't even take herbal remedies..

oh and Mishel.. it's ok to be afraid.. sometimes you just have to try though.. what if- just what if after the side effects wear off- the medication is the best thing that happened to you??
    my doctor recently went to a forum on panic and anxiety meds and they are starting to find that prescribing a benzodiazepine druug in conjunction with some meds (SSRI's mainly) helps with the anxiety that can linger with the medication for just the first couple weeks. though you are tired.. the road to better health is not always easy right?

I was on citalopram for a few months and turned slightly agoraphobic. For a few days I found it hard to go to college and work. I woke up most nights which night time panics (THE worst) and found life hard to cope with at the time. Later on it subsided and I found life colourful and I was bouncy and hyper.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

The first few weeks on Citalopram I felt totally spaced out. I remember going to a friends house and we ordered a Indian. I didn't know wat I were doing. Horrible feeling. Over the last few weeks though the spaced out feelings surpassed and I felt better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information