Thread: trapped wind

trapped wind

Had this now for three days. is this normal ? so sick of feeling like crap. nothing seems to help with it and i'me bloated like a balloon. Just want some reassurance that it can be this bad and still be nothing serious. thanks in advance xxx

Re: trapped wind

my tummy can look like im pregnant when i bloat,,and yes the trapped wind can drive you nuts,,colpermin are wonderful for this,,gripe water,,even just gently rubbing your tummy in a circuler motion helps dispel it,,i know its tempting to sit still or lay down but keep on the go,,the movement helps it along

thanks for that. been meaning to give the gripe water a try xxx

I find Im opposite to teez, sometimes its been so bad I couldn't move, Ive had no choice but to lay down.. Each time its been bad its in the evening, so Ive ended up having an early night, by morning it will have eased and then Id just try and watch what I eat, ie nothing that will cause even more wind.

Windeeze? are meant to be good.

If you can walk about, fine, do that as it will help, but if you cant then have a lie down, put your knees to your chest and maybe get a hot water bottle, someone else to rub your tummy would be nice! lol

I have panicked on a few occasions, usually when it started happening.. the 'omg, whats this, its so painful.. ive never felt this before.. what can it be, it has to be bad' But then I would pass wind and it would ease a little and then Id realise I was just panicking!

xx

had it bad again last night the pain was shooting up my chest between my shoulder blades,,yes nikki mines always at night,,its my own fault though as im more anxious in the evening when theres less to keep my mind occupied,,and thats when i eat,,comfort eat then as well,,so thats when its at its worse,,also as i sit about more to watch tele and read,,during the day i eat much less and never suffer with it

mine tends to build up through the day and is worse at night. last night it was particularly bad and i felt quite panicky. After i managed to calm down i felt a bit better and managed to get rid of it and felt a lot better. i took a windeze gel capsule which usually doesn't work but for some reason last night it did. can being tense and anxious cause us to trap wind in our stomachs ?

Hi rosebud, sorry to hear that you're still suffering. Yes, I think anxiety can make it worse as we tend to swallow more air (although I've never quite worked out how this happens!). Mine always seems to be worse when I can't get rid of it, and medication like Buscopan doesn't seem to help with wind at all.

Thread Information