Thread: Bone cancer turned to ovarian cancer.

Bone cancer turned to ovarian cancer.

I am back after handling health anxiety for so long. I've been having hip/groin and back pain, and lots of bloating lately. I was convinced it was bone cancer a few days ago, as my friend passed away from this kind of cancer.

I was so stupid and googled, and now I'm convinced I have ovarian cancer, which another friend is battling, because of this groin and beside the hip pain and constant gas.

Sorry I know it's tmi. I'm only 25, but when I get into these spots where I obsess, I don't know how to get out of it.

I'm so scared.

Re: Bone cancer turned to ovarian cancer.

Any worries like that, you should see your gp.
    I'm sure at your age it's not cancer.. Those symptoms could be caused by something simple and not serious.

Googling is not the answer - believe me I've done it too many times and scared myself silly. I wouldn't have thought you have either of the things you're afraid of - but see your GP if you need peace of mind x

It's easy to jump from diagnoses.to diagnoses when constantly searching. Odds are you're going to focus and relate to one or two symptoms and your anxiety will take you to all sorts of ugly places. Fact is as I've read from other posters, so many simple things can look like those we fear. It's best to see your GP, be proactive in your healthcare. For that peace of mind. Because I know all too well how ugly it feels to live in fear.
    Hugs

I'm gong to go to my GP, but I have to wait until I get home. I am working in Spain, and will be hoe the 22nd, and it feels unbearable to wait that long.

It has gotten to the point that I have been having nightmares about my friend who died of bone cancer, and waking up to major anxiety. Does anyone know how to cope with ths type of thing?

If you are having nightmares I would try and change your night time routine.
    No TV or laptop for at least an hour before you settle down. Have a small snack and soft drink before sleep and perhaps leave some music on very low to drift off to. My grandchildren always ask their Mum what they should dream about tonight -so maybe plan a new wardrobe or dream holiday. I often enter an imaginary house and redecorate and choose furniture.

Thanks for the advice! I feel like I am just going around in circles about the bone cancer. I feel like it is all I think about, and now it is entering my dreams. I just want to break the cycle and not think about it.

Thread Information