Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else in this situation???

Anyone else in this situation???

Is anyone in this situation?? I have trouble getting far away from the house as I always worry I will need the loo and not be able to get to one in time. The longest I have been out the house in months was for an hour but that was walking round in circles really nearby. The closer I get to home the better I feel. The other day I made it quite far but had to run into pub loo. This all started because of my IBS.

I am on Prozac and Betas as the Dr says its in my head and i dont really need to go but i reallllly do. I have been getting anxiety attacks too, I worry when there are a lot of people around and try to go for my daily walks either really early or late when I know there is not a lot of people around. I feel like Im not getting anywhere, I have been off work since mid Sep but havent been able to increase the walking distance much in this time. I have missed 2 concerts I really wanted to go to as so they in Glasgow which invloves train and people (noway). I feel like I am holding my boyfriend back from doing things as we are always in the house, I cant remember the last time I had a weekend night out.

Also I am meant to be going on holiday at New Year, we go away every year but I am starting to worry there is no way I can make it this year. Or if I do I will spend the whole time in the hotel. Aargarggrhah!! A lovely member from this site has sent me the Linden method so going to read through that and try it, any other advice would be much appreciated. Thankyou. Sus, x

im sure no doctor should have the right to say "its all in your head". The problem i have is leaving my house. The only advice i can offer is to plz do not stop going out, its so easy saying, ill not go today, ill go tommorrow, its so easy to get into a housebound situation, but my god, its ever so difficult to get out of it. Try to go holiday, make a new year's resolution! you have time to do some self cbt.
    Take care
    Becci x x x

Hi Sus
    i have ibs too and sometimes i feel the same way as it can be so unpredictable!

I found this site for ibs really helpful and the diet is easy to follow and stabilised me.

www.helpforibs.com

Once you get your stomach stabilised you will be much more confident about going out etc and be able to deal with the panic without the ibs flaring too

good luck
    x

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=ibs

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thankyou guys, these 3 posts and the pm I got are really helpful and its not even been up an hour. Thanks. Sus, xx

hi, i agree with becci,the minute you allow this to stop you from going out is when you will realy start to regret it. i did allow panic to stop me from going out and although i can go out now, i have had to go through some crazy times to get to where i am now, and i just keep telling myself i should never had allowed this to happen in the first place. you keep going on your walks, even if it is just round in circles! in time you will get better. and becci, you will be out and about again, it just takes alot of hard work and alot of time. good luck xxx.

dmcgovern

Hi Sus,

I suffer terribly with IBS to so i know how difficult it can become. Please don't let it stop you going out though.

If i'm having a bad time and i have to go out. I sometimes take an imodium and that can settle it.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Ahh I had a month of this back in Feb - I dont know whether it was IBS or a bug but it really put any progress I was making back a great deal.

Like the others say keep going out even if it is just little bits. Also you could do my old trick of going out when it gets dark for your little walks and then who's to see even if you did feel a little odd.

I had a brown furry coat last year and didnt feel too scared, as in that coat and in the dark if I did have an IBS moment it wouldn't be very noticable.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

bathroom obsessive

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Re: Anyone else in this situation???

Hi everyone Im so exicted to hear other people share my problem I always felt it was just me having these irrational thought of not making it to the restroom and having an accident in public. My trouble is because I feel li have to go number 1 or number 2 all the time I can not get on other people car except my mums dads sister and cousin everyone else would be horrifying. Anywyas I had learned to live with my problem and learned how to control my thoughts but recently had a relapse and again i have to use a toilet like 100 times a day. It stoped me from going out and doing normal stuff like having a boyfriend or partying and attending school. Any ideas on how I can work this out without having to use imodeam and tying something around my waist anylonger. I have also opted for dressing in dark clothes just in case anything does occir which it never has thank god.
    Good luck to all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information