Thread: Ovarian Cyst...

Ovarian Cyst...

Hi.
    Over the past couple of days I have been getting a sharp pain round by my left ovary and aching legs.
    I think I may have an ovarian Cyst but am going to wait and see if it gets any better over the weekend as its only been presenting itself since monday.
    What I'm really worried about though is what if this cyst is cancerous.
    I'm so scared and i don't really know what to do! I'm only 20 and I have read too many stories on google and have freaked myself out! I have no cancer in my extended or immediate family.
    I'm hysterical right now!
    I know functional cysts can form and resolve themselves in a few weeks but i just can't get the idea of ovarian cancer out my mind xxxx

Re: Ovarian Cyst...

Hi
    Could you just be ovulating? i always know when im ovulating nearly every month due to the pain that it causes, this also happens to a few of my friends too. Please try not to panic. When im worried about something physical now i give myself a time say a week and say to myself if the symptom is still there in a week i will see a dr but try not to think too much about the problem or panic in this week. Please please please dont google (i need to listen to my own advice!!) xx

Hi! Thanks for your reply!

I am due to ovulate this weekend - so at first I thought it could be that but after hours of mad googling i am convinced i have a cyst/worse.

I thought ovulation pain only lasted a day so i sort of ruled it out.
    I'm probably going to see if it goes away after I ovulate *fingers crossed!*

so scared though :( xxx

Hi there i had this problem a month ago, went to the drs, she felt around and asked me a bunch of questions about my symptoms, i had the same symptoms as you. My doctor told me cysts can rupture (which isnt dangerous , it just hurts like a #%^$$) around the time of your period or PMS. it can also be ovulation pains I got those as well and they are pretty bad.

Stop googling. Cysts are so so so common with women and mostly all of them are non cancerous, please dont fret too much about it.

Perhaps make an appt. and have a scan done to see how big the cyst is and how many, if its really painful and uncomfortable for you they can do surgery to remove them, if not they tend to go away on thier own. Mine lasted about 4 weeks.

Sorry i can,t help , wrong gender but Dr google makes you think these thoughts , i,ve used him big time in the last three months , never ever again , i wouldn,t google the price of orange juice in future , because you could bet your bottom dollar that the big C word would even come up then .

At your age it will be something and nothing but worth seeing a doc if it doesn,t go away for peace of mind .

i know what its like to get something in your head and not be able to get it back out! im currently worried about my circulation being poor and this being caused by heart problems. The problem with googling something is that you read the symptoms and then try and identify with the symtpoms you have read, ie i have read that breathlesness can be a symptom of heart problems so on the one occasion that i have been slightly breathless my mind says ' see you have another symptom' when really i think that i should be constantly breathless not just once. Im sure that you will feel better in a few days xx

Thank you all for your replies! Its made me feel a lot better!

Joni - I'm really hoping this goes away then as i am in panic mode over it.
    Fingers crossed it will!

Mel - you're right about google, it panics you over nothing! Yet I still do it every single time I am worried! No idea why!

Mary - I did exactly the same thing! I read that you can feel bloated all the time with ovarian cancer and I convinced myself that I had that symptom as I was bloated earlier in the day....I completely ignored the fact that i'd been full from eating steak and chips! x
    xxx

I have been having these symptoms and my GP did an examintaion and couldn't find anything aid my overay felt normal ? but my cervix was inflamed ! she took a swab which i'm waiting for,
    I get the pain above my pelvic bone and in my lower back it did start off in my lett side,it seems to travel down to the top of my inner legs.
    Its so worrying .

Hey that's exactly what im getting!
    I am going to go to the gp if it's no better!
    Im hoping it's nothing serious but your mind wonders doesn't it?!
    Are you still getting the pain? Xxx

Thread Information