Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very bad wind pains

Re: Very bad wind pains

Hi again Aimee, yes it sounds exactly the same as I get, I wasn't going to mention the intense pain round the heart area in case you didn't get it and Iworried you, but yes, when it first hit me last week, I was just bending over the wash basin in the bathroom and it struck like a bolt of lightning. I put my hands on my waistline (what there is left of it ha ha), and twist my body left and right, and although it really hurts, it shifts a lot of wind. As I said in my last message, I have still got the wind, but it is not as bad as it was last week. I do hope that this allays your fears of anything worse. I don't bother about going to the doctor because I know what it is and have had it so long I just put up with it. Hope you feel be4tter soon.

Thanks Ddcoo,

Its pure agony isn't it, it is like its stabbing in my heart, down left arm and left shoulder.

I am on day 6 of it now, wish it would pass.

Last two posts sounded just like me...I am 65 and have had this for years. Have had all sorts of tests and little camers poked about and they can come up only with the fact that I have a 'loopy bowel' !! I do suffer from IBS..but I think this is different. The fact that I get it alot if I am bending over eg weeding, doing a jigsaw or brushing the dog makes me think it is a sort of spasm. Sometimes it comes high up too like in front of my shoulder blade and through to the back... that I know is trappped wind. Like Ddcoo, I just put up with it..... antispasmodics don't really work so it is co-codamol and a lie down with a hot water bag!! XXXXX

For the last week I have had a pain/ache right at the base of my back, just above my bum and a tender stomach and bloated feeling. Even going to the toilet doesn't relieve it. Have had blood, stool and urine samples which were clear and still no answer. Terrified I have something serious

Hi Aimee. Received your pm and I am sorry that I can't pm you because I am an absolute duffer on the computer and am not sure how to do it but thought I would see if you are still following this thread. Could do with some tuition on the computer!! I wish I could assure you not to worry about this wind because it will probably come and go during your life like it has with me and although it is extremely uncomfortable, it does go away eventually.
    When I was younger I had a friend who would come round and thump my back for me for about half an hour just to get some relief from the pain, but I too agree with the other writer, that having a hot water bottle on it helps too. Do keep us posted on how you are getting on.

Hi Aimee
    I suffer with bad trapped wind when I was in hospital the other week for a operation they gave me some peppermint tea and I find that it helps so I have been drinking that.
    Happy Burping

Joan

Smile Re: Very bad wind pains

Hi i have recently been diagnosed with a hiatus herina, can seem scary at times but at the moment learning things that can help, i have found that i sometimes get breathlessness when trying to sleep, i found if i take lemon and ginger tea it appears to help release a bit of gas, sometimes takes a couple of cups but sometimes will have a big burp then feel instantly better and able to sleep

Hope this helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information