Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wind pains on right side?

Re: Wind pains on right side?

hi
    i get the wind/burp thing in throat often.

i get alot of wind is this caused by the acid? i feel realy sickly in the mornins too.

hey tonight i am expericing like windy stitch type pains in between my navel and lower tummy area on my right hand side after eating kfc and drinkin pepsi i too have alot of relfux in throat an shoulder blades etc very nasty but this pain is worse really annpyin so i guess it can upset things an cause pain too just got to watch what triggers it and take the m,eds. hope ur feeling ok .xxx

It may be an idea to go on a low fat diet to see if this helps. A dodgy gallbladder does not like fat or any spicy stuff. Also, carbonated drinks are a no no as far as wind and acid are concerned. If you do need to have the gallbladder removed, it will prob be keyhole which is a piece of cake. I never felt a thing. The main problem is the inconveniance of time off work.

Thanks, pains got worse over night so saw GP today. All the pains were low on left side of abdomen and in back passage. I couldn't even sit this morning, the pressure down there felt horrible. All my left side felt heavy and I had wind pains inbetween my shoulders. GP said it was very bad IBS and has given me new meds to try.

He said we won't know for another 2 months if ive gallstones, arghhh!

Does it always require surgery?

Can anyone else relate to my IBS symptoms? it feels like I am carrying a large brick around low down in my abdomen on the left and in my bottom, I am needing the toilet more often too. I feel so windy:-(

I have suspected IBS which apparently is only diagnosed after all other tests and investigations prove negative. From what I'm led to believe, IBS pain and symptoms can occur anywhere in the stomach and not just where a lot of IBS websites say. In other words, the discomfort is not restricted to only certain abdominal areas. I have been told that IBS is responsible for my discomfort below my right lower rib and also for the pain I experience after a bowel movement.

I can't understand why you have to wait 2 months before knowing if you have gallstones or not. Not all stones show up on a ultrasound scan, particularly if they a very small. They only noticed mine because the guy told me to roll over from my side onto my back whilst he held the scanner there, then he saw them move. Small stones can present just as many problems because they can migrate.

The waiting time for a scan here on the NHS is 10-12 weeks, so I guess that is what I have to wait. Aparently on the list of priorities gallstone scans are pretty low on the scale.

Tonight I have wind pains up in my back, feels like a football is lodged between my shoulder blades and occasionaly moves around to my chest and sides:-( This all came on after I ate a chicken and cheese bap, bap was white and not what id usually eat. Within half an hour I was hiccuping and I had wind in my back. Surely this can't be IBS:-( the pains lower down have eased now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information