Thread: Chest pains on propranolol

Chest pains on propranolol

I've been suffering from chest pains and wondering if it could have any relation to Propranolol?

I currently take 3 x 40mg a day: morning, lunch and before bed. I know that tiredness can be a side effect and I have become very sluggish and tired. On the plus side I'm sleeping like a log but I have very little energy throughout the day.

Anyway past few days I've been getting chest pains. At first I assumed it was anxiety as I do get pains when I'm anxious but generally I've felt quite calm. Last night at a BBQ my chest pains got worse. I thought it might be the smoke from the BBQ but my chest got worse as the evening progressed. It hurt so much to laugh that I had to leave early because I was in so much discomfort.

My friend who is a nurse suggested that maybe I have too high a dose of Propranolol and that I should go back to the doctor. She also suggested because I have a massive headache and a bad jaw coupled with my chest and tiredness that it may be swine flu but I think it's too easy to jump to such a conclusion. Does anyone else think I may be on too high a dosage of Propranolol?

Re: Chest pains on propranolol

Hello Mike

I,m currently On propranolol though only take 40 mg 1 tablet per day. I suffer from chest pains, however they have improved whilst on this medication. It does make me tired, though I also feel a lot more relaxed so the benefits I find are far greater. Its quite a tricky question to answer that I,m not sure wether the dosage is to high 4 u, it may be wise to have a word with the doctor.

Thread Information