Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship OCD?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Relationship OCD?

Does anyone know about this? My therapist mentioned it and I'm looking for more info.....

Ruth x

Re: Relationship OCD?

Hi,

I am not sure exactly what your problems are but this is an article which may help you , it is about relationship obsessions, it is called 'loves me?, loves me not?',
    http://westsuffolkpsych.homestead.com/LovesMe.html
    Hope it helps!
    x

hey,

so whats the problem? i have had very similar things to this - and my OCD had wrecked 2 serrious relationships and left me gutted - one of which was recent and i am still not over - abnything i can do to help you ? x

Thankyou so much for this website. It has made me realise that i'm not the only one with this type of OCD. Thankyou again.

"my names lou and im a relationship OCDer"

i suffered from it really badly starting about a year ago for a good 6 months. It comes and goes now but so much more mildly!
    Whats your symptoms?

I'm not as bad as I was 3 months ago, but basically fear and panic about what is actually a really happy marriage. It came completely out of the blue. One day I was happy and content and then the following afternoon - bang! It hit me! I can't really explain it, but complete panic about my husband, whether or not I love him, whether or not I'm happy. The whole thing makes me very upset. However, I KNOW i love him, the physical side of our relationship is fine and I know if he asked me to marry him again I'd say yes. BUT i can't stop the thoughts!

Any advice?

soudns like text book ROCD. Pretty much the same as me, after a while of being together and so in love, one night i recieved a mesage saying "I LOVE YOU" and BANG here comes the ROCD. Its horrible, i felt like i was lying when i told him i loved him, i felt like i felt nothing, thought i didnt fancy him, thought i'd cheat etc etc etc whilst at the same time i KNEW i loved him and everything about our relationship was (and still is) amazing.

the feelings you feel are horrible and i completely empathise with you.
    but if you reasearch ROCD you'll find loads of peopl experiencing thoughts just like you.

your OCD is liek this big fat liar who makes you beleive the bad things and is dead scary. But if you just dont pay it any attention, all the anxiety iwll go away.

Quote Originally Posted by woofybaby View Post
    I'm not as bad as I was 3 months ago, but basically fear and panic about what is actually a really happy marriage. It came completely out of the blue. One day I was happy and content and then the following afternoon - bang! It hit me! I can't really explain it, but complete panic about my husband, whether or not I love him, whether or not I'm happy. The whole thing makes me very upset. However, I KNOW i love him, the physical side of our relationship is fine and I know if he asked me to marry him again I'd say yes. BUT i can't stop the thoughts!

Any advice?

OMG. This is how i feel. I love my partner but im always questioning myself.

Quote Originally Posted by woofybaby View Post

Any advice?

SNAP!
    I had this really bad when I first got with my boyfriend, my brain kept saying I was lying when I said I loved my boyfriend! It really is just your OCD playing tricks on you, making you think your a liar, making you think you're something your not. I know saying that wont make the thoughts stop but if you just ignore them or just pay them no attention, just let them carry on in the background, they will go away with time. All you have to do is shake your head, concentrate on something else and KNOW that there are loads of us that have been through exactly what your going through so you DO love your husband just as I love my boyfriend, its just the stupid OCD thats messing with your head!

Your brains like a naughty child, best way to deal with is it is like Supernanny, when its being naughty and loud just ignore it and let it get on with it, give it no attention and pretty soon it will stop being naughty!

Not only are the feelings horrible, but eventually they make you believe you will never be able to go through with a serious relationship. I hate it so much!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information