Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: starting sertraline help please!!

Re: starting sertraline help please!!

Quote Originally Posted by spawn View Post
    Stumagoo that all seems pretty normal I had bad nausea for 3-4 weeks, then my sleep pattern went to pot? It does all settle down, the first month is the worst.
    I've just upped to 100mg, and after a couple crapy weeks I'm the best I've been for a long time, stick with it for at least a few months I would say to see the full benefits or if it works for you?
    Thanks Spawn, when I see the doc next week I'll probably tell him I think my dose needs to be upped.

Although I still feel incredibly low I'd probably be a lot worse if I wasn't taking anything.

Quote Originally Posted by stumagoo View Post
    Thanks Spawn, when I see the doc next week I'll probably tell him I think my dose needs to be upped.

Although I still feel incredibly low I'd probably be a lot worse if I wasn't taking anything.

Trust me I have been through highs and lows.
    The lows will get less in time if the meds are right for you.
    Gav.

Spawn can I ask how you are feeling now days? I am new to the group and I am on week 3 of sertraline. thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

Hi All,

I am new to this group and I have been reaing a few of these comments and they have been reassuring to say the least. Im sorry if this question as been asked or is to much info but I am now on week 3 and I have up days and down days (as you all have ) but I have been getting very windy and suffering with bouts of diarrhea, is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by lottie59 View Post
    Spawn can I ask how you are feeling now days? I am new to the group and I am on week 3 of sertraline. thanks in advance

Hi, I'm feeling very well at the moment thanks, a lot more settled and less medicated.
    The last week I've actually been feeling normal and doing all things I used to without a second thought. It's took over 3months to get here though, and in the back of my head I'm still thinking it can't be and waiting to crash again. Time will tell I guess!

Regarding your side effects, seems pretty normal.
    The first month is by far the worst!
    Good luck.
    Gav.
    Last edited by spawn; 06-07-15 at 22:55.

How is everyone doing? My sleepiness has worn off now and I think I did lose my appetite a bit, I was hungry but couldn't eat much in one go. Eating well now though! I still haven't increased from an 1/8 as I'm really busy at the moment and don't have time to feel off again... Mood has levelled out considerably already though. Honestly it's the best thing I ever did starting sertraline!!

I am on week 3 at 50mg. Have had a few side effects but my main worry is it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I am still so anxious and worried that this medicine won't work for me.

I found that it started to work around weeks 4-5

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thanks Phill2,
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    I found that it started to work around weeks 4-5

I'm doing ok still, just over 4months in, doesn't time fly!
    Still feeling really good, and living a pretty normal life again.
    Still getting dreams, night sweats and headaches but guess I will have to live with that for the time being? Also my libido is abit messed up at times?..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ohforf View Post
    I am on week 3 at 50mg. Have had a few side effects but my main worry is it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I am still so anxious and worried that this medicine won't work for me.
    I've just about completed week 4 on 50mg and tbh when I see the doc in a couple of days I'm going to ask him to put me on something else or I'll just go cold turkey.

My mood hasn't changed at all - infact when I've been low I've been really low and had really bad suicidal and self harm thoughts which were way beyond what I experienced when I wasn't on Sertraline. Before I was on Sertraline I tended to get mainly bad days with the odd really high switching to bad day mix. Since taking Sertraline I've just been a constant low with the odd really awful day.

Most of the side effects have now gone but it's killed my appetite and visits to the toilet have been horrendous - just as well I live alone

Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread Information