Thread: Cetirizine question

Cetirizine question

Hey all

Quick question

Have bad allergy to cats and the Dr has prescribed 10mg three times a day of this cetrizine - I have been taken it for about 2-3 weeks now and notice my head feels very thick and headachey......anyone else experience this while taken higher than normal doses of this antihistamines?

Re: Cetirizine question

Yes it's normal. You'll be fine.

Thank you - Mkes my head feel really thick and horrible......:(

Thank you for your response

Quote Originally Posted by Gothfairy View Post
    Thank you - Mkes my head feel really thick and horrible......:(

Thank you for your response
    You could try 20mg a day rather than 30mg? Ask your GP though.

It's a sedating antihistamine. There are non sedating too so can probably get some advice from your pharmacist or see your GP again.

Do you take any meds for your anxiety? Cetirizine may interact with some, like Pregabalin, and it may add to feelings of drowsiness. I would have to check on that individually but I know it did when I checked it out against Pregabalin for another thread on here recently.

Thank you - I have stopped taking the Cetrizine but the headache persists.....starting to get the feeling there is a tumor in my brain now......

My GP told me its a non sedating antihistamine...but it was prescribed as an off license due to the higher volume of 30mg. I am on 20mg of citalopram daily

Quote Originally Posted by Gothfairy View Post
    Thank you - I have stopped taking the Cetrizine but the headache persists.....starting to get the feeling there is a tumor in my brain now......

My GP told me its a non sedating antihistamine...but it was prescribed as an off license due to the higher volume of 30mg. I am on 20mg of citalopram daily
    Yes, good point it should be less sedating. I was thinking about my mum who used to take it and found it sedating so moved to Loratidine.

I thought the sudden onset of the headaches was from the anti histamines but I have not taken them for a while but I have had a tension type forehead headache for the last week now.....terrified is not the word as brain tumors start like this!

Thread Information